Badhead

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2002

Over the past couple of days, my copy of Windows XP Professional continually
asks me to Activate. Whenever I restart my system, or install a new piece
of software I get asked this. Any ideas how to stop this? I have not
installed any new piece of hardware in the near past.

--
BadHead :)
---

Phone them on the number that comes up. Ask them what you need to do,
they'll explain.

"BadHead" <jon@thepitz.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Over the past couple of days, my copy of Windows XP Professional
> continually asks me to Activate. Whenever I restart my system, or install
> a new piece of software I get asked this. Any ideas how to stop this? I
> have not installed any new piece of hardware in the near past.
>
> --
> BadHead :)
> ---
> OS: Windows XP Professional SP2
> PSU: Tagan 2 Force TG530-U22 530W
> MoBo: Abit AN8 Fatal1ty
> CPU: AMD64 3200 (Venice Core)
> HSF: AeroCool GT-1000
> RAM: 1024Mb 400Ghz Patriot XBLK
> GPU: MSI NX6800 256MB (NV Silencer 5 Heatsink)
> Disks: 2X Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200Gb
> Case: Akasa Eclipse 62

Badhead

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2002

Just to add, this problem seems to have appeared around the same time I
installed Copernic Desktop Engine Beta 1.5.

--
BadHead :)
---
OS: Windows XP Professional SP2
PSU: Tagan 2 Force TG530-U22 530W
MoBo: Abit AN8 Fatal1ty
CPU: AMD64 3200 (Venice Core)
HSF: AeroCool GT-1000
RAM: 1024Mb 400Ghz Patriot XBLK
GPU: MSI NX6800 256MB (NV Silencer 5 Heatsink)
Disks: 2X Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200Gb
Case: Akasa Eclipse 62
"BadHead" <jon@thepitz.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Over the past couple of days, my copy of Windows XP Professional
> continually asks me to Activate. Whenever I restart my system, or install
> a new piece of software I get asked this. Any ideas how to stop this? I
> have not installed any new piece of hardware in the near past.
>
> --
> BadHead :)
> ---
> OS: Windows XP Professional SP2
> PSU: Tagan 2 Force TG530-U22 530W
> MoBo: Abit AN8 Fatal1ty
> CPU: AMD64 3200 (Venice Core)
> HSF: AeroCool GT-1000
> RAM: 1024Mb 400Ghz Patriot XBLK
> GPU: MSI NX6800 256MB (NV Silencer 5 Heatsink)
> Disks: 2X Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200Gb
> Case: Akasa Eclipse 62

As Alan mentioned, go to the Activation window and choose Activate by Phone.
Call the number and explain what is happening. Once you activate it again, it
should fix the problem.
--
That's just like my opinion, Man........

"BadHead" wrote:

> Just to add, this problem seems to have appeared around the same time I
> installed Copernic Desktop Engine Beta 1.5.
>
> --
> BadHead :)
> ---
> OS: Windows XP Professional SP2
> PSU: Tagan 2 Force TG530-U22 530W
> MoBo: Abit AN8 Fatal1ty
> CPU: AMD64 3200 (Venice Core)
> HSF: AeroCool GT-1000
> RAM: 1024Mb 400Ghz Patriot XBLK
> GPU: MSI NX6800 256MB (NV Silencer 5 Heatsink)
> Disks: 2X Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200Gb
> Case: Akasa Eclipse 62
> "BadHead" <jon@thepitz.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Over the past couple of days, my copy of Windows XP Professional
> > continually asks me to Activate. Whenever I restart my system, or install
> > a new piece of software I get asked this. Any ideas how to stop this? I
> > have not installed any new piece of hardware in the near past.
> >
> > --
> > BadHead :)
> > ---
> > OS: Windows XP Professional SP2
> > PSU: Tagan 2 Force TG530-U22 530W
> > MoBo: Abit AN8 Fatal1ty
> > CPU: AMD64 3200 (Venice Core)
> > HSF: AeroCool GT-1000
> > RAM: 1024Mb 400Ghz Patriot XBLK
> > GPU: MSI NX6800 256MB (NV Silencer 5 Heatsink)
> > Disks: 2X Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200Gb
> > Case: Akasa Eclipse 62

Badhead

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2002

Hi,

I tried that, but when I land on the dialogue box entitled "Activate by
Phone", there is no Installation ID given. Beneath the "step 3: Provide the
Customer Service Representative with the following installation ID:" message
is just a blank space. No installation ID is given. What now?

--
BadHead :)
---