Sign in with
Your question

Fresh install everything not responding

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
August 12, 2012 3:12:32 PM

Hey guys. As the title states, I did a clean install of windows 7, and things are not responding and hanging.
My computer used to be a hp pavilion p71142
I kept the processor, dvd drive, ram, and hard-drive from it, but did my own build.
Before I did my own build, I was having trouble with windows. It was slow and it got to the point where windows would not load/boot. I did a fresh install before I started changing hardware, but still slow.
The only thing changed when my computer was hp is the graphic card and psu. But those worked fine for several months with no problems. I have got to the stage again now, where windows 7 will not load, and I can't even get into startup repair.
Someone please help me. My computer is being a huge paper weight right now.

More about : fresh install responding

August 12, 2012 3:30:23 PM

I'm sorry, I'm not used to doing these things. Any easier way to test them?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 12, 2012 3:38:48 PM

Give us specs... Motherboard, power supply. Can you get into BIOS? Have you cleared BIOS? After clearing, do a fresh install by deleting any partitions in setup and let windows create the partitions and start installing
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 12, 2012 3:42:23 PM

No. If you can't boot into your Operating system of choice your going to need to diagnose and troubleshoot from outside of the OS environment. You can run through the hardware troubleshooting. Remove and unnecessary hardware for testing to boot into windows.

I'd still recommend running the UBCD to test your hard drive and RAM. It's actually super easy to use. The programs within UBCD do all the work. =/
m
l
August 12, 2012 3:44:24 PM

skaz said:
No. If you can't boot into your Operating system of choice your going to need to diagnose and troubleshoot from outside of the OS environment. You can run through the hardware troubleshooting. Remove and unnecessary hardware for testing to boot into windows.

I'd still recommend running the UBCD to test your hard drive and RAM. It's actually super easy to use. The programs within UBCD do all the work. =/

I guess I will try it.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 12, 2012 3:54:59 PM

Up to you. Just trying to help and give you suggestions and ideas to aid you in troubleshooting your issue.

Good luck.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 12, 2012 3:57:36 PM

PresidentSwag said:
I never like playing around with bios nor will I ever.

That is the wrong attitude to have, especially if you're going to change out parts and expect it to run at 100% efficiency.

It's not going to bite you. It's a must if you want to troubleshoot hardware issues.

After checking your board specs, there's a BIOS Update from 7/27/2012, Version 2203 - I would check to see if you are running that version, and if you aren't, update it.

Here's the link to the DOWNLOAD page...
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_Socket_FM1/F1A75V_...

Select your Windows OS... then just click BIOS and then click the [GLOBAL] link under Version 2203 to download the file

I would then click the BIOS-Utilities tab and do the same as previous to download the loader and follow the instructions.

I wouldn't start trying to troubleshoot anything until your BIOS is up to date - especially after seeing #1 on the list being "1.Improve system stability."
m
l
August 12, 2012 4:00:23 PM

Thanks but there is not a chance I will ever update my bios again. Thats how I ended up doing my own build. A week ago I updated the hp bios thinking that was the problem as well. Next thing you know my computer never tuned on again. Thanks for the help but I'm sorry, updating bios is out of the question. As for the boot disk, I'm downloading right now.
m
l
August 12, 2012 5:04:03 PM

Alright well now I got another problem. My computer will not detect my hard-drive? This really sucks. Any help please?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 12, 2012 5:05:29 PM

I've already provided you Pertinent Information that Can Help your issues (if, of course, you're running an older version).

You simply REFUSE to accept it - or even Check to see what version you're running
m
l
August 12, 2012 5:16:43 PM

Refuse? I have had to buy $200 in hardware this past week because I tried to update the bios. I'm not going through this again.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 12, 2012 5:27:17 PM

I would assume, it's safe to say, that's no fault of your own...?

I'm here to try and help you resolve your issues... that's all
m
l
August 12, 2012 5:30:54 PM

Well I truly do appreciate it, just I want to see if there is a fix besides that. Now that the hard-drive is not being detected, I'm panicking.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 12, 2012 5:31:45 PM

That's what I'm telling you - it has Nothing to do with Windows if your hardware is not being detected - and the ONLY way to know is entering BIOS and checking things out

You can take the drive out of the computer and still enter BIOS to check
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 12, 2012 5:33:35 PM

Updating bios i would consider as a last ditch effort after everything else has been ruled out, but you can't ruin the bios from looking at it. Try the ultimate boot cd and see what that does.
m
l
August 12, 2012 5:35:19 PM

Okay I think we are talking about 2 things here. Bios I am not a fan of, but I will enter them. Its just updating I will not do. What do I do when I enter the bios?
m
l
August 12, 2012 5:36:28 PM

MidnightDistort said:
The bios i would consider as a last ditch effort after everything else has been ruled out. Try the ultimate boot cd and see what that does.

After I go to the UBCD what do I go on? Like what options do I go under?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 12, 2012 5:43:38 PM

There's diagnostic tools on it to check your hardware out. Using Memtest is a good place to start.
m
l
August 12, 2012 5:46:19 PM

Alright well I think I should have my system detect the hard-drive before I start testing it. My computer started off slow, now the hard-drive is not being detected, could this mean all these problems are because of a hard-drive issue?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 12, 2012 5:51:41 PM

You might be right, first i'd check to make sure the cables inside the case to the hdd is secure. You might as well check to make sure they are all secure then try one of the hard drive diagnostic tools.
m
l
August 12, 2012 6:00:52 PM

Alright, all the cables are on secure, but still no hdd detected.
m
l
August 12, 2012 6:08:36 PM

not sure whats next.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 12, 2012 6:21:23 PM

Can you try that hard drive in another system?
m
l
August 12, 2012 6:24:49 PM

Yes but could it damage my other system?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 12, 2012 6:26:46 PM

I have never heard of a hard drive causing damage to a system, the only way it 'might' happen is if you overload the PSU with more wattage then it can handle.
m
l
August 12, 2012 6:27:47 PM

alright well my other pc is an hp, so it should work.
m
l
August 12, 2012 7:30:04 PM

Update: Plugged my hdd into another computer of mine, does not detect it. Does this mean all of the problems I have been having were from the hdd?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 12, 2012 7:34:33 PM

Most likely. Do you hear the hard drive spinning up at all? Does it make any strange noises? If it's making a strange buzzing or clicking noise then it's most likely bad. Just to be sure what is your PSU model? Edit: Nevermind you mentioned this.
m
l
August 12, 2012 7:37:26 PM

I feel the drive vibrating when I put my hand on it, so it is getting power. Is there any fix for something like this, or do I need to buy another hdd?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 12, 2012 7:41:56 PM

I would get another drive but i would go through those ultimate boot tools and see if any of them can detect the hard drive. Did you try using Disk Management in windows with the drive?
m
l
August 12, 2012 7:51:13 PM

MidnightDistort said:
Did you try using Disk Management in windows with the drive?

What do you mean? how would I do that if the hard drive is not detected on either computer?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 13, 2012 4:11:35 AM

Disk management more then often can see it when windows doesn't detect it.
m
l
August 13, 2012 4:23:04 AM

My opinion? Buy a new Hard Drive. Sounds like that one is causing problems.
m
l
!