Asus k70io graphics problem

G

hey guys,

for a couple of weeks Ive been having problems with my asus k70io laptop. Its got an nvidia gt120m gpu.
The problem is, sometimes when I start a 3d program or switch 3d modes (alt tab from a game, WoW or CoD:MW2), my screen goes all weird and scrambled. Theres vertical lines and colors. Closing the laptop and reopening it temporarily solves the problem, but then when I start the 3d program its right back alot of the time.
I tried cleaning the thing from the inside... dont think theres alot of dirt in there to be honest.
what should I do? Thanks alot, Im really getting pissed off at this.

ps; tried different driver versions, running Windows 7 64bit ultimate.
pps; really hoping theres something I can do about this without taking it back to the store... its a 3 hour trip by train. Yeah.... I went for the cheapest deal in the country :( sadface.

sorin_manole

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009
I know it's an old thread, but I must say I have the same probloem apparently. I had this notebook for half a year now, and this glitch appeeared only for three times the forst 5 moths, but lately it's quite often - a few times a day. I appears to be random. Closing the laptop and reopening dowsn't work, so i have to shut it down and restart it. I guess it's GPU's fault - I remember readin about faulting nvidia GPUs once. I hope I can return it...

TRENDING THREADS