Sign in with
Your question

Buying a Laptop, Non Gaming.

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
January 16, 2008 4:51:58 AM

So, i'm buying a laptop, i've got about 800$ to burn, and i need somthing portable, somthing i can carry with me all day, everyday. i'm only going to use it for chatting, watching the odd movie, and working in VB.

So far, my choices are an EEE PC or a sager np6680 http://www.sagernotebook.com/product_customed.php?pid=22592

Any thoughts? better sugestions?

My real question is, does anyone have or have you used an EEE PC, is it really usuable with such a small screen/keyboard?

More about : buying laptop gaming

January 18, 2008 10:54:14 PM

Hmm... That for $599? There are lots of better deals than that, i found better deals at bestbuy.com, circutcity.com, or try Dell or HP.

The screen size for the sager you choice is pretty good, and usuable. 15" screen for a laptop is basic and good for everyday things. Keyboard is good to, and if you think it is too small, just plug in a regular size keyboard when your not traveling.
January 19, 2008 10:28:30 PM

Agree you can do much better than that. Both Toshiba and Gateway have good reps right now if you go to a big box and Dell makes good laptops. 15'4 is a nice sized screen. With Vista you should get 2GB of RAM and at least 120GB hdd. My wife has a Dell 1501, don't know what the model is now, and works well. The problem she has is with some streaming video, don't know if it's the stream or video card. No problems with DVDs. You'll save with an AMD dual and for what you're doing, should be fine. Bestbuy and Circuitcity always have sales on Sundays, check out their Sundays ads. Seen some really solid Toshibas and Gateways for $700 - $800
!