Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 won't boot after installing on board graphics drivers from intel

Last response: in Windows 7
August 12, 2012 4:52:43 PM

Hello,
I'm having issues that I can't quite solve and I have to reach out for help. I recently rebuilt my pc with a gigabyte ga h77m d3h and core i3 2120 with 512m dedicated to on board graphics. The computer will start fine after you do the fresh install of windows 7 prof. 64 bit with the default video driver from windows. I've updated my bios using gigabyte's @bios tool and I've tried installing th drivers from the disc, from intel's website and with automatic update in device manager. Could a corrupt windows install file cause this issue? I downloaded the ISO from the Microsoft website when I bought the product key. Is there anything else that could be causing this issue? Please respond if there's anything you can think of.
a b $ Windows 7
August 12, 2012 5:04:07 PM

can you boot into Safe Mode?
m
l
August 12, 2012 5:07:54 PM

Yes. I can also boot into last known good configuration
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 12, 2012 5:26:09 PM

All I can suggest is booting into Safe Mode and uninstalling the drivers that don't work, then find one that does, one by one if you have to

I'm assuming you've search the intel forums for answers to the drivers issues
m
l
August 12, 2012 8:33:46 PM

is it possible that I recieved a bad file from the microsoft server, or that something was lost in the process?
m
l
August 12, 2012 9:15:11 PM

I tried the newest driver from gigabyte that you linked to rogue77777 and that didn't work.
m
l
August 24, 2012 4:16:28 PM

Hi

I had the same problem with different hardware.
My solution was to disconnect the HDMI cable to my tv before installing gpu drives
After that I had no problem.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 24, 2012 4:50:43 PM

jari juntunen said:
Hi

I had the same problem with different hardware.
My solution was to disconnect the HDMI cable to my tv before installing gpu drives
After that I had no problem.

well, your hdmi cable should not be connected before installation of drivers in the first place...

--

that's like getting into the drivers seat of a car you're building, ready to drive away, before the engine is in
m
l
!