Restricted call

Tags:
  • Mobile Computing
Last response: in Mobile Computing
February 21, 2010 9:42:29 PM

how do i find out a restricted call ?

More about : restricted call

February 22, 2010 5:13:02 AM

There is a service you can use to redirect incoming calls to a 1-800 number. I forgot the website, but 1-800 numbers have a go-around for restricted numbers, so it bounces the real number back to you.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 7, 2010 2:18:41 AM

People can block their phone numbers by dialing *67 before dialing your number. In general, you cannot call back a restricted phone number; however, there are several steps you can take to try to trace the person's identity.

1.Write down the date and time of the call.

2.Block your phone from accepting calls from restricted numbers. Just press *77 to activate Anonymous Call Blocker (ACB).

3.Call the police and request that they trace the number if someone is stalking you.

4.Consider getting a toll-free number for your phone.

m
l
September 7, 2010 2:20:11 AM

yaguajay1 said:
how do i find out a restricted call ?

People can block their phone numbers by dialing *67 before dialing your number. In general, you cannot call back a restricted phone number; however, there are several steps you can take to try to trace the person's identity.
m
l
January 31, 2013 2:49:00 PM

callunblock has a similar service available for free.
m
l
January 31, 2013 3:19:41 PM

Since the title of this forum section is Mobile Computing and mobile phones are included , there needs to be a distinguishing of what phone service is being discussed here. Mobile Phones do not have the same proceedures as regular home phones and dialing *77 from a Mobile Phone in my state connects you to the State Police Emergency phone line , like dialing 911 from your home phone. So whem making recomendations please distinguish between mobile phones and regular home phones.
m
l
!