thepocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2005
I have just recently discovered the ViewSonic VX922, and I'm curious to see how its performance compares to the VP930b. I am about to buy a new LCD monitor (for gaming, but I would like high quality video as well) for christmas, so I need to know VERY quickly.

Maybe Tom's Hardware can review the VX922... maybe? Please? :D

Anyways, lemme know if you have any information about either of these.

cause_of_death

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Vp930 is surely the best monitor now, for everything.. However if u play games usually (like %75+) then u should buy a Vx922.. I am using Vx924, perfect gaming and good videos.. Some people says that if response time goes less, video quality goes less.. But I don't have an idea like that.. I think Vp930 is better for u now...

gerhardb

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005
The thing that's really causing me to pause between the two models is that the VP930b has a really good mount that allows you to completely adjust the height, etc.

The VX922 is vesa mount compatible, but finding just a normal desktop adjustable mount seems to be both difficult and expensive.

I'd love to find an actual review on the VX922...

I know that if you go to www.newegg.com several people have purchased them and are loving them. (You can read the reviews...)

gerhardb

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005
i hear mixed specs on this monitor. reviews are strangely absent for a monitor claiming to have an average response time of 2ms (key word being average) which viewsonic claims to eliminate ghosting, also being the first to employ its new "video response acceleration technologies".

http://www.funponsel.com/blog/archi...c-vx922-lcd-monitor-offers-2ms-response-time/

I just found another thread here that idicates that the vx922 appears to be a 6bit panel (maybe) and, in a chinese review, it functioning as a 35ms panel with a few points on the performance graph going down to 4ms.

Now, that being said, the few reviews I saw on NewEgg were very favorable. Absolutely not ghosting at all.

That being said, I just purchased the VP930b... It seems to be a safer bet and I'm very into contrast issues...and the fully adjustable mount that comes with the VP930b. I think there has to be a reason for Viewsonic not making the VX922 a "VP922" - as in a professional grade screen.

Until there is real hard test data, I'd go with a known quantity.

Gerhard