When the system is working (processing tasks), the mouse cursor will move to
the left of the screen & move rapidly up and down the left side of the
screen. How can I prevent this from happening? I've already tried the Mouse
icon in the Control Panel. Theres nothing there to adjust this.

It is model 9187URF.

What's the condition of battery?
Reinstall/download and install the latest driver from manufacturer's
website.
Reposition RF receiver and check what happens.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP