So what is the recue disk for

I asked before about how to format a HD that has Xp installed and I was
explained that you use the bootable Cd that Xp comes in. So what would the
Xp rescue disk be good for?

JeJ

Is this a Dell machine?

Why are you going to format the HDD?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Jorge E. Jaramillo wrote:
> I asked before about how to format a HD that has Xp installed and I was
> explained that you use the bootable Cd that Xp comes in. So what would the
> Xp rescue disk be good for?
>

> JeJ

I already solved the problem I had, I was just curious as to why if there
are now bootable Cd's, the Win Xp installation program offers you to set up
a rescue disk as it did Win95 and 98
"Jorge E. Jaramillo" <king1george@nospamhotmail.com> escribió en el mensaje
>I asked before about how to format a HD that has Xp installed and I was
>explained that you use the bootable Cd that Xp comes in. So what would the
>Xp rescue disk be good for?
>

> JeJ

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

Most manufacturers supplied rescue disks should be able to partition and
format a hard disk. Have you tried booting the the first cd rescue disk to
see what your options are?

Jorge E. Jaramillo wrote:

> I already solved the problem I had, I was just curious as to why if there
> are now bootable Cd's, the Win Xp installation program offers you to set up
> a rescue disk as it did Win95 and 98

Start, Help and Support, search for ASR.

Steve