Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Dell Inspiron 1501

Last response: in Mobile Computing
February 27, 2010 4:39:00 AM

I'm wondering how I can figure out what graphics card I'm running on this laptop? I tried to look it up and it said ATI Radeon Xpress 1150, but when I downloaded that driver from ATI's website it said that there was no such driver or device detected and the setup exit. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

It's with the Sempron 3600+ and 856MB of RAM

Also trying to figure out which sound card it runs? I did a fresh install of XP and am just looking for drivers.

More about : dell inspiron 1501

February 27, 2010 4:51:03 AM

It is an Xpress 1150, but it's not a discrete solution it's an integrated chip.

If you want to look up details of your laptop then download Everest from Lavasys it'll show you most things about your rig.
m
l
February 28, 2010 3:54:46 PM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
It is an Xpress 1150, but it's not a discrete solution it's an integrated chip.

If you want to look up details of your laptop then download Everest from Lavasys it'll show you most things about your rig.

I know that it's an integrated chip, but for some reason the ATI Drivers are not recognizing it. The driver selected from ATI's website supports all Radeon Xpress series cards, and I selected the driver from the following sub-menus (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx):
Windows XP Professional/Home > Integrated/Motherboard > Radeon Xpress 1150

This driver gave me the error upon installation that the system could not detect a supported driver and will now exit setup.

Any idea how to get the graphics driver on my laptop? Thank you. Will download Everest btw for sound card.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

February 28, 2010 10:27:31 PM

You could always try Dell's site to get drivers. All you need is your service tag (on a sticker under your laptop, usually). Just head to Dell and get the hookup.
March 8, 2010 12:47:07 AM

Best answer selected by Blind_Masseur.
m
l
March 8, 2010 12:47:30 AM

Thanks. I'm an idiot. Forgot I wasn't doing an XP to Vista downgrade.
m
l
!