How to dnld SP2 w/o have to dnld SP1 etc.

June 16, 2005 2:11:02 AM

I just formatted my computer and re-installed XP Pron OEM with no service
pack 1 or 2 included. How or where is a link that I can get to download SP2
without having to go through automatic updates and all the hoopla of
downloading SP1-which is not supposed to be available anymore??

I do the Windows Update check my computer and looks like I'll have to go
through 25 downloads including SP1 and updates before I can get to SP2.
Where's the mysteriously missing link, or am I just dumbfounded searching for
this??

Any help would be appreciated, thanks...

Kerry

More about : dnld sp2 dnld sp1

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 3:43:56 AM

Kerry;
See Step 1 on this ling for a few options for obtaining SP-2:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

"kowen" <kowen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just formatted my computer and re-installed XP Pron OEM with no service
> pack 1 or 2 included. How or where is a link that I can get to download
> SP2
> without having to go through automatic updates and all the hoopla of
> downloading SP1-which is not supposed to be available anymore??
>
> I do the Windows Update check my computer and looks like I'll have to go
> through 25 downloads including SP1 and updates before I can get to SP2.
> Where's the mysteriously missing link, or am I just dumbfounded searching
> for
> this??
>
> Any help would be appreciated, thanks...
>
> Kerry
June 16, 2005 4:07:44 AM

kowen wrote:
> I just formatted my computer and re-installed XP Pron OEM with no service
> pack 1 or 2 included. How or where is a link that I can get to download SP2
> without having to go through automatic updates and all the hoopla of
> downloading SP1-which is not supposed to be available anymore??
>
> I do the Windows Update check my computer and looks like I'll have to go
> through 25 downloads including SP1 and updates before I can get to SP2.
> Where's the mysteriously missing link, or am I just dumbfounded searching for
> this??
>
> Any help would be appreciated, thanks...
>
> Kerry

Download Windows Service Pack 2 Standalone Version

Order Windows XP Service Pack 2 on CD
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp...

--
Rock