Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Facebook rarely loads for me, only website that gives me trouble

Last response: in Windows 7
August 13, 2012 1:31:46 AM

Anyone know how i can fix this? i tried updating java, and i clear everything everytime i exit explorer.
August 13, 2012 2:05:14 AM

Try firefox, or google chrome.
m
l
August 13, 2012 2:20:10 AM

ehh, i like explorer 9... and it should work lol, downloading a different browser just dodges the problem.

has anyone experienced this issue? i need to literally close exlporer, reopen, and try getting to facebook 10-20 times before it loads and lets me log in.
m
l
Related resources
August 13, 2012 2:24:58 AM

You should try the other browser just so you can isolate if the problem is with just the browser or with the rest of your computer.

If you don't even want to try suggestions, why bother even posting
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 13, 2012 2:26:30 AM

the reason why some people tend to suggest changing browsers is simply for the programmers sake. Normally, I wouldn't think it would affect a site as big as facebook, but when a site hires programmers to create a site, its much harder to make it compatible with Internet Explorer and requires much more work. One company was partially ticked off by users who didn't update explorer(Krogen of Australia) that online purchases were charged extra if one was using ie7 at the time. the security on information is also a lot weaker and IE always falls quickly during the browser war hack competition i cant remember the name of.

have you tried hard refreshing IE by pressing ctrl+F5 button
m
l
August 13, 2012 2:32:39 AM

no, or you filled your IE9 with crappy plugins and viruses that's causing facebook to break.
m
l
August 13, 2012 2:43:54 AM

raytseng said:
You should try the other browser just so you can isolate if the problem is with just the browser or with the rest of your computer.

If you don't even want to try suggestions, why bother even posting

I'll try it, I thought he was just telling me to use a new browser lol
m
l
August 13, 2012 2:46:25 AM

raytseng said:
no, or you filled your IE9 with crappy plugins and viruses that's causing facebook to break.

I have no plugins running and no viruses, I boot scan with avast and full scan with malwarebytes about every 2-3 days. Avast monitors my pc and I have all the settings on max sensitivity for the web shield

That's part of the reason I don't want another browser, I run a tight ship with my pc
m
l
August 13, 2012 3:04:11 AM

Facebook is mostly javascript (correct me if I'm wrong) and/or HTML5. I know that IE is horrendous with javascript (different from java)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/windows-7-chrome-20...

Apart from corporate users. I'm not sure why anyone would want to keep using IE.

Another thing to try would be to reinstall IE if you can confirm it's a problem with IE and not a problem with your computer...

Also just because you run a virus scanner (and do regular scans) doesn't mean you don't have a virus
m
l
August 13, 2012 3:08:56 AM

Where do you live? That might be a problem.
m
l
August 13, 2012 3:29:40 AM

I live in Lowell Massachusetts.

m
l
August 13, 2012 3:44:04 AM

Ok I just ran rkill now I'm doing a full scan using malwarebytes.

I also tried an explorer reset. And I used cmd prompt to clear my dns and a few other Internet related things, there were 4 commands listed that I typed in
m
l
August 13, 2012 4:46:31 AM

No viruses.

I'm gonna try to clear the hosts file... Nothing is working, I may just uninstall all explorer versions and get chrome :-/
m
l
August 13, 2012 11:43:46 AM

Okay so im having trouble getting facebook to load, it will load maybe once every 20 tries, and when it loads, it works perfectly. I have IE9 on default at this point, NO ADD ONS.

So far heres what ive tried in order to fix it…
Disabled javascript, enabled mixed content
I used RKILL then ran malwarebytes and an avast boot scan, no viruses

I tried 4 cmdprompt commands, I don’t remember them exactly but they all confirmed they did something
NBSTAT –R
NBSTAT –RR
IPRONFIG RESET
WINSOCK SOMETHING

I uninstalled IE9 and tried it on IE8 – same problem, then I couldn’t reinstall IE9 even after doing a windows hotfix for it, windows update would also fail… I had to restore my PC from an earlier point to get IE9 back.

I also tried to clear my DNS cache, and I also cleared the HOSTS file, sometimes itll work once right after, but if I close IE9 and reopen then try FB again, doesn’t load.

At this point, im not sure what else to do… can anyone offer me some wisdom? This is a nightmare lol
m
l
August 13, 2012 2:22:55 PM

So if I do have a hidden virus... How do I find it!?
m
l

Best solution

August 13, 2012 8:44:49 PM

What's currently in your hosts file? This kinda sounds like a DNS issue. You could try point your computer to a different DNS server.

You can use the following DNS servers (they are googles)
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
August 13, 2012 8:45:13 PM

Also have you tried firefox or google chrome?
m
l
August 13, 2012 11:11:44 PM

aaab said:
What's currently in your hosts file? This kinda sounds like a DNS issue. You could try point your computer to a different DNS server.

You can use the following DNS servers (they are googles)
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

How do I point it to a dns server exactly?

After renewing my ip and clearing my DNs cache, and unchecking "auto detect LAN settings" in explorer Facebook loads more often, but still has times where it's dead. I think you're onto the issue
m
l
August 13, 2012 11:13:20 PM

Found a guide, I'll give it a shot!
m
l
August 14, 2012 12:11:13 AM

Best answer selected by Xxsjxx1.
m
l
!