sirawesome

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2005
Hey
i am fairly sure i am getting a new monitor for christmas and getting away from the crt one that came with the computer.
I did some research about lcd's and had a few questions for you lcd owners who also play some games

-What is the best response time for a lcd without ghosting issues(cause i play alll of the lastest games but mostly fps)
-Have you ever had any ghosting issues, if so how bad what & game?
-I read somewhere saying that if you dont have the application/ game in the lcd's native resoultion it doesn't look its best, is that true?

I do have a fairly good card to handle most stuff (bfg 6600 gt)

Thanks for the help

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
I'm in the same boat as you are, and as far as I know the Viewsonic VX922 (response time 2ms) is the fasted LCD monitor out. Most LCD monitors have a native resolution of 1280x1024 and as I understand it,it is the optimal setting for playing games or else you might get ghosting if it is different.

I am seriously considering the Viewsonic VX924 with a response time of 3ms it is very good and I hear alot of good reviews mostly from Newegg and Cnet.
I would get the VX922 but it's new out and is hard to get here in Canada.I'm hoping I'll see a good after christmas sale on the VX924 and I'll pick it up.

Here you can read some reviews on the VX924... ViewSonic VX924

and here is the VX922

Viewsonic VX922

Let me know which LCD monitor you pick regardless if it is a Viewsonic or not!