Xbox wireless adapter signal issues

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

I just bought my wireless base station and wirelss adpter
and installed them both perfectly.IF the signal strength
in the wirelss adapter is listed as "Very Low" or "Low",
should I still be able to get into xbox live? If so why
can't I? Please tell me that I am able to use this adpter
from my room while the base station is in the living
room. Thanx

Low to Very Low signal could cause packets to be lost and/or delayed. This can cause problems with live services like XBox live. You may want to pick up a longer CAT5 Ethernet cable (straight through) and relocate the adapter as close as you can to the physical location of the base station.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Leo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20af001c45999$58398710$a101280a@phx.gbl...
>I just bought my wireless base station and wirelss adpter
> and installed them both perfectly.IF the signal strength
> in the wirelss adapter is listed as "Very Low" or "Low",
> should I still be able to get into xbox live? If so why
> can't I? Please tell me that I am able to use this adpter
> from my room while the base station is in the living
> room. Thanx

dp

My roommate had the same issue until he ran the firmware
update for the MS xbox live adapter.

Smart Display