Sign in with
Your question

How can i fix issue if i am running very low on disc space

Last response: in Windows 7
August 13, 2012 6:18:45 AM

hi. i noticed whenever i want to download an app from google chrome store, run a virus protection scan such as on avast free, and on the botto mright of my computer where volume symbol is, it says ypu are running low on hard disk space.
i honestly do not have much stored at all on my computer just 4 gb of music in new folder thats saved on my ipod, several dvd's of family guy seasons 1-7. couple of word documensta thats it,

the specs of my computer is intel core 2 quad processor q83008gb system memory
1 terabyte hard drive
windows 7 64 bit.

i honestly dont know what to do. i tried to scan with c cleaner the default options and i ran cleaner under options windows and aplications, and did registry cleaner, and honestly it just cleaned my bvrowsing history, cookies, and in all 800 mb of memory which is nothing.

and i used advanced system care 5 to do cleaning and did quick clean, deep clean. it found like 300 problems and i clicked on fix and it only cleared up 800 mb of memory. can someone identify problem and help me.
August 13, 2012 7:38:00 AM

dodger46 said:
What do you see in Disk Management? (Start, type 'Disk' choose 'create and format 'etc.) If you see a very large partition other than 'C' consider deleting it and expanding 'C into the available space.

Or try this
http://blog.atola.com/restoring-factory-hard-drive-capa...

i wil write out what i see. i see rectangled words form left to right such as volume, layout, type, file system, status, capacity, free space, % free, fault tolerence,overhead.

under volume i see under layout i see under type i see file system status capacity free space

system simple basic ntfs healthy b 920.81 gb 5 mb
factory image simple basic ntfs healthy p 10.61 gb 1.55 gb
new (E) simple basic cdfs healthy p 749 mb 0 mb
hp (C) simple basic ntfs healthy s 100 mb 70 mb

% free fault tolerence over head

0% no 0 percent
15% no 0 percent
0 % no 0 percent
70 % no 0 percent
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 13, 2012 7:54:31 AM

I see the issue. your drive not running out of space. your saving everything and installing everything to the c partion at that partion is running out of room. as the drive is a hp and it has the vendor partions still on the drive you dont want to touch them.
10.61g partion is the restore disks for your pc. the c partion is windows system restore partion where the restore points go.
so you should move your stuff to the b partion. also uninstall any game or program you can and install it on the b partion.
m
l
August 13, 2012 9:02:00 AM

smorizio said:
I see the issue. your drive not running out of space. your saving everything and installing everything to the c partion at that partion is running out of room. as the drive is a hp and it has the vendor partions still on the drive you dont want to touch them.
10.61g partion is the restore disks for your pc. the c partion is windows system restore partion where the restore points go.
so you should move your stuff to the b partion. also uninstall any game or program you can and install it on the b partion.

How Can i move programs to B partion and which ones to move there. after doin scan with a program called WinDirStat, it says vid clip 516.8 gb % by 53.2 % files 5413
mp3 format sound 86.5 gb % by8.9 files 15588
vlc media file 70.1 gb & by 7.2 files 118
mp4 video 18.1 gb &by 1.9 files 98
and others.........................

also , u said something about system restore?it says no restore points have been created on your computers system drive when i tried it.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 13, 2012 11:03:32 AM

Think smorizio meant shift some of the files from C to E, especially the movies! Would help to see what you have on your screen, I use Lightshot but it doesn't work in the Management window.
http://skillbrains.com/
Works in Windows Explorer tho.
Example
http://prntscr.com/dpgzk
Let's see where everything is and what to do with it...
m
l
!