stored username problem

I went to sign in at a site and a box popped up. It had two keys at the
top and a man's facial profile by a drop down menu. The drop down menu
had an old hotmail login as an option.... not good... I am not the solo
user on this machine, how do I clear it?

craftsman

--
craftsman
craftsman's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=13836

Hi,

Have you tried in Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet options, Content tab,
then the AutoComplete button? You can change the autocomplete settings there
,and remove current stored data.

Justin

"craftsman" <craftsman.1qq2sv@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com> wrote in message

> I went to sign in at a site and a box popped up. It had two keys at the
> top and a man's facial profile by a drop down menu. The drop down menu
> had an old hotmail login as an option.... not good... I am not the solo
> user on this machine, how do I clear it?
>
> craftsman
>

> --
> craftsman
> craftsman's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=13836
> View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819081861

yea, I turned all that off. It dosent appear to be an "autocomplete",
the whole user name is in the dropdown menu, the only thing I can
associate it to is maybe an old MSN Messenger memory, that is the only
other thing that might log a hotmail address??? It's like it's using an
old Hotmail address as a "username". Cause on the site I went to, the
username is your email addy. I didnt want to log in because I don't
want my new email address to be stored on this puter. I've deleted all
the cookies, temp files and those things, did the clear autocomplete
stuff and it's still there.

all help is appreciated,
craftsman

--
craftsman
craftsman's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=13836
View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819081861

Hi,

Try going to start, control panel, and user accounts. Click the username for
your windows account, then click "manage my network passwords". Is anything
familar listed there? You can also try clearing your IE history.

Justin

"craftsman" <craftsman.1qq9qs@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com> wrote in message

> yea, I turned all that off. It dosent appear to be an "autocomplete",
> the whole user name is in the dropdown menu, the only thing I can
> associate it to is maybe an old MSN Messenger memory, that is the only
> other thing that might log a hotmail address??? It's like it's using an
> old Hotmail address as a "username". Cause on the site I went to, the
> username is your email addy. I didnt want to log in because I don't
> want my new email address to be stored on this puter. I've deleted all
> the cookies, temp files and those things, did the clear autocomplete
> stuff and it's still there.
>
> all help is appreciated,
> craftsman
>

> --
> craftsman
> craftsman's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=13836
> View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819081861

robin

I had the same problem. Do the following.

1) In messenger, click on "tools", then on "option", then on right side,
click on "general", go into the "Sign-in Accounts and Password" and click on
change, that will allow you to delete the messenger sign-in's not wanted.
Hope this is clear.

> yea, I turned all that off. It dosent appear to be an "autocomplete",
> the whole user name is in the dropdown menu, the only thing I can
> associate it to is maybe an old MSN Messenger memory, that is the only
> other thing that might log a hotmail address??? It's like it's using an
> old Hotmail address as a "username". Cause on the site I went to, the
> username is your email addy. I didnt want to log in because I don't
> want my new email address to be stored on this puter. I've deleted all
> the cookies, temp files and those things, did the clear autocomplete
> stuff and it's still there.
>
> all help is appreciated,
> craftsman
>

> --
> craftsman
> craftsman's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=13836
> View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819081861

robin

Go Under "Tools", then "Options", then "General", you will see "Sign-in
Accounts and Password", , click on change, this will allow you to delete the
other login name.

"craftsman" wrote:

> I went to sign in at a site and a box popped up. It had two keys at the
> top and a man's facial profile by a drop down menu. The drop down menu
> had an old hotmail login as an option.... not good... I am not the solo
> user on this machine, how do I clear it?
>
> craftsman
>

> --
> craftsman
> craftsman's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=13836
> View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819081861

thanks,

the user account did show a passport username, which was indeed also
tied to messenger. thanks Justin and Robin, both you guys were on the
money....
man, i have learned alot on this site already. it's amazing how you
guys gather and retain all this info.....thanks again

craftsman