Sign in with
Your question

Smartphone poll: Which one's best

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones

What's the best phone OS in your opinion?

Total: 30 votes (11 blank votes)

• Apple iPhone
  • 6 %
  • Google Android
  • 64 %
  • Samsung Bada
  • 6 %
  • Nokia Maemo
  • 0 %
  • Windows Phone 7
  • 16 %
  • Blackberry
  • 0 %
  • Palm
  • 11 %
February 16, 2010 1:46:25 AM

So after the recent huge expansion of the smartphone market and the 2010 mobile world congress, what phone seems best to you?

More about : smartphone poll

February 16, 2010 6:07:50 PM

Well, if I had to drop an opinion I would say it comes down to who you are and what you use it for.

Personal, it all comes down to tastes really.
I'd love to play around with an Android.

For business though, nothing beats the Blackberry, and I don't think any company is really trying. When used in conjunction with a BES, it allows you to push e-mail, force security settings (allow no program trusted access to 'X' controls), content filter, etc.

Blackberry is also supposed to be getting Flash 10.1 sometime this year, so I'm quite excited.
February 16, 2010 7:27:51 PM

Win7 islittle more than a powerpoint presenttion, and that might be enough for other OSs, but unfortunately WinMob always looks great on paper, it's actually using it that's painful.

Hopefully that has changed, but I wouldn't be adding it to any "Best OS' poll yet.

It's the one I'm most hopefully for (because it will push everyone forward), but I was hoping that's what 6.5 would do too (especially after working with the non-castrated early alphas/betas).
Related resources
February 16, 2010 11:58:53 PM

Android wins here guys. i was surprised by the percentage, then i realized that it was out of 3 votes total hehe. and win7 phone looks niccee
March 17, 2010 2:42:32 PM

If only the Plam Pre could run faster than it does, then it would definately be on top.
It takes about 15-55 seconds just to boot-up!!!
March 17, 2010 3:54:16 PM

Ha, good old Iphone not doing too well here!
Anonymous
March 18, 2010 2:27:29 PM

Where is Windows Mobile 6.5!!
March 18, 2010 9:51:38 PM

Starges said:
If only the Plam Pre could run faster than it does, then it would definately be on top.
It takes about 15-55 seconds just to boot-up!!!

OverClock it
March 23, 2010 10:46:22 AM

JDV28 said:
OverClock it

Hehehe..... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  ...ROFL

But really, could you?? :heink: 
March 25, 2010 7:06:14 AM

samsung i9000. end of discussion XD EVO 4G for ppl who can afford it and pay for 4G if they get 4G
March 25, 2010 4:20:18 PM

I used to overclock my Kyocera 7135 and other Palm Pilots I used to have. The drangonball overclocked easily (although some apps got messed up since they relied on the clock too heavily [like time on the Kyo would get messed up if not refreshing off the network, sometimes showing a different time until I opened it to connect]).
March 25, 2010 4:21:32 PM

rescawen said:
samsung i9000. end of discussion XD EVO 4G for ppl who can afford it and pay for 4G if they get 4G

And yet despite your enthusiasm it has 0 votes. :lol:  :kaola:  :lol: 

It's a nice phone, but it's not enough going forward IMO.
March 25, 2010 5:08:27 PM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
I used to overclock my Kyocera 7135 and other Palm Pilots I used to have. The drangonball overclocked easily (although some apps got messed up since they relied on the clock too heavily [like time on the Kyo would get messed up if not refreshing off the network, sometimes showing a different time until I opened it to connect]).

I swear I've seen you post this exact same thing somewhere else.

If not, then I'm psychic!
March 26, 2010 12:40:51 AM

Yeah probably. It's still on my hip and I've been posting about it for years, so I probably mentioned it a few times before.
March 26, 2010 6:07:09 PM

thegreatape, ur so wrong, both the EVO4G and i9000 are android.
March 26, 2010 7:15:27 PM

So I've been playing around with an Android and I have to say I'm quite impressed (Moto Droid to be exact).

If I ever decided I needed a non-work phone (and wanted to pay for phone + plan), I would probably go Droid or Win7Mo, depending on Win7Mo turns out.
March 27, 2010 8:29:19 AM

winmo7 is worst cauz it hasnt come out yet lol, and no multitasking XD
March 28, 2010 1:54:36 AM

rescawen said:
thegreatape, ur so wrong, both the EVO4G and i9000 are android.

I know the EVO is Android, but the i9000 I saw last year was running BADA, they are now offering both starting with the Android 2.1 model first.

I thought you were referring to the BADA version, especially since Android had already been mentioned.

It's probably the future, but we won't know 'til the fall when Blackberry has a better browser and OS integration, Apple updates their OS, and Win7 actually comes out. For now everything is still in transition with Android being the current OS darling, but still far from perfected.

rescawen said:
winmo7 is worst cauz it hasnt come out yet lol, and no multitasking XD

Now U R so wrong. The OS does do multi-tasking, and will even support it with 3rd party apps, but like on the iPhone it will be rigorously controlled. M$ has said they will offer it to some apps, but they will not allow just anything to run unchecked in the background. I'd prefer a balance like that in PalmOS, rather than the two extremes of locked down like iPhone and randomly running crap like WinMob right now.

March 28, 2010 4:40:02 PM

If the multi-tasking is controlled cannot be utilized, do u still call it multi-tasking? multitasking is like the maemo 5 and sense ui offers, true switching from app to app and not using that power to boost up fps of home screen

where the hell did u get a chance to bada and a alpha phase platform and alpha phase device.
March 29, 2010 1:13:17 AM

rescawen said:
If the multi-tasking is controlled cannot be utilized, do u still call it multi-tasking?

We're talking about the OS capability, not the early implementation.

Quote:
where the hell did u get a chance to bada and a alpha phase platform and alpha phase device.

Kinda helps to be 'on the inside', do you think I actually pay for any of the phones I have, they are all sent to me by mfrs. ;) 
March 29, 2010 6:02:44 AM

Basically you can have good fps on UI or a decent multitasking device. Well guess what pro, microsoft decided to go for the 1st option, not saying its bad, but just saying the hub thing will work like Iphone so you cannot run 2 applications simultaneously.

BTW do u know anything about samsung i9000, and what do u for a living.
March 29, 2010 6:57:00 AM

I can't talk about specifics of the products that have not been released yet, hence the only things in my sig are the things that we have released.

I work for a telecom company.
April 1, 2010 12:13:52 AM

wait for the HTC Incredible. Looks pretty sweet and can't wait for it to come out.
May 3, 2010 10:56:32 PM

were are Symbians??
May 4, 2010 10:20:06 AM

I am rather partial to my Google's Android OS since the Moto Droid is my first smartphone.
!