I have the wireless card (MN520) setup on laptop and the
base station (MN500) setup on desktop pc. I can't seem
to get them to communicate to one another. I tried
using the "Base Station Management Tool" but it is grayed
out on both machines. What I want to do is share dial-
up connection on desktop with laptop(desktop will not be
used for the internet while sharing connection). Please
help. Thanks.

First verify the laptop can reach the router. Using IE go
to http://192.168.2.1 --if this works the laptop is
basically set. If this does not work, there is a
misconfiguration in the laptop wireless settings (SSID,
channel, or WEP)

Then turn off firewalls or ICF on the laptop and the
wired connection on the desktop. You'll want to keep ICF
active only the dialup connection.

Both computers must share the same workgroup name
(assuming you are using XP Home).

You'll have to turn on ICS on the desktop to share the
dialup.

Thanks, I'll try that. One more question: why is
the "Base Station Management Tool" grayed-out in the
Broadband utility program? It is grayed-out on both
machines.

Mary

Wireless is not the ideal way to share a dialup
connection. It's really better for broadband connections.
Look up Internet Connection Sharing in Help and online.
To access the Base station mgmt tool, open your browser
and type: http://192.168.2.1/ Make a shortcut to this and
put it on your Desktop. www.practicallynetworked.com is a
good site, as is Microsoft's Networking web site.