19" for movies/tv and games

Exoduz

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
any suggestions. i was looking at the ViewSonic VX924 but have seen some suggestion that it is not good for movies.

thanks in advanced

cause_of_death

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
I am a user of Vx924, I watched films like 3-4 for times since I own this.. I am mostly using it for gaming so thats y I bought this.. Firstly if u gonna buy it for movies / tv mostly (or like %50) then u should buy Vp930.. If u playing games mostly like me then u must buy Vx924 or Vx922.. Btw I had no trouble with movies, everything is OK with it but there is something like; response time goes less -> movies quality goes less.. I dunno if its true, but I had used Sony Hs95pb for only a day, it was nice to watch films but I have no idea which 1 is better.. ( Btw never get an idea to buy Hs95pb because its really bad lcd..) So I think Vp930 is better for u..

Exoduz

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
thanks for your tips. now i really think about it, it will be more 80% games, 20% recorded tv shows (disadvantage of tv in australia)

so on what you say, it looks like the VX924 will be the best option. i guess if movie quality goes too bad which i doubt, i can always watch on my powerbook :p

thanks again for your advice.

sagaticus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
I just picked up one of these. Now, I may be biased, but this is probably one of the best LCD's on the market today. I did my homework before buying this one. I have no dead pixles in mine and it works great for movies and games. If you look very close, it's crystal clear. If you want better than that, you will have to shell out some serious coin.

Only disappointment is the max resolution of 1280x1024. I'm used to 1600x1200 from my old 19" CRT.