service pack 2 gives access denided

when i try to install sercive pack 2 it goes maybe half way thruough and
gives me a access denided message then undoes all the work. ???????

Start here:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/acdensp2.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"wijimbo" <wijimbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i try to install sercive pack 2 it goes maybe half way thruough and
> gives me a access denided message then undoes all the work. ???????

Are you signed on as administrator?

wijimbo wrote:

> when i try to install sercive pack 2 it goes maybe half way thruough and
> gives me a access denided message then undoes all the work. ???????
Hi,

Please see the "Access denied" section here:

http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#Cannot_install_Service_Pack_2

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

You receive an "Access is denied" error message when you try to install
Windows XP Service Pack 2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873148

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

wijimbo wrote:
> when i try to install sercive pack 2 it goes maybe half way thruough and
> gives me a access denided message then undoes all the work. ???????

You receive an "Access is denied" error message when you try to install
Windows XP Service Pack 2:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=873148

"Access Denied" error when trying to install SP2
http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=8125

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User