service pack 2 gives access denided

when i try to install sercive pack 2 it goes maybe half way thruough and
gives me a access denided message then undoes all the work. ???????
5 answers Last reply
More about service pack access denided

    Start here:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/acdensp2.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "wijimbo" <wijimbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when i try to install sercive pack 2 it goes maybe half way thruough and
    > gives me a access denided message then undoes all the work. ???????

    Are you signed on as administrator?

    wijimbo wrote:

    > when i try to install sercive pack 2 it goes maybe half way thruough and
    > gives me a access denided message then undoes all the work. ???????
    Hi,

    Please see the "Access denied" section here:

    http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#Cannot_install_Service_Pack_2

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    You receive an "Access is denied" error message when you try to install
    Windows XP Service Pack 2

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873148

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    wijimbo wrote:
    > when i try to install sercive pack 2 it goes maybe half way thruough and
    > gives me a access denided message then undoes all the work. ???????

    You receive an "Access is denied" error message when you try to install
    Windows XP Service Pack 2:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=873148

    "Access Denied" error when trying to install SP2
    http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=8125

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "wijimbo" <wijimbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when i try to install sercive pack 2 it goes maybe half way thruough and
    > gives me a access denided message then undoes all the work. ???????

Microsoft Windows XP