Making VHS Tapes from a DVD

Is there a way to make a VHS tape from a DVD? An easy way, like through the dvd player, vcr, and television? I have some dvd home movies of my son that I would like to send to my mom, and she only has a vcr.

Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about making tapes
  1. It is very easy. Just use video and audio outs to the video and audio inputs on your VCR. Then record.

the Prisoner

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad:
  2. If you are going to do that I would get an old VCR player and hook your dvd player up through it. Most new ones won't let your dvd player pass through the VCR.

My Rig:
    AthlonXP 2000+ 1.677ghz
    GeForce Verto FX5200 128mb DDR
    Maxtor 7200RPM 80GB, Stock 40gb
    Kingston 384MB DDR
    Cendyne 52x24x52 CD-RW
    Lite-On 4x DVD-RW
    Go EMachines...:(
  3. You wont be able to just hook up the dubbing cables & record. A little thing called Macrovision Copy Protection will prevent you from making a good VHS copy of a DVD. It also prevented me from sending the DVD video thru a video distribution system. That's why I bought & installed a Macro disabler chip kit for my old Denon/Panacronic DVD player. Works great, no more screwed up video.

<A HREF="mailto:iris5u@attglobal.net">iris5u@attglobal.net</A>
  4. I have my DVD player running into my SVHS VCR so it works for me.

ALso, these are home movies. I dont think home movies would have macrovision.

Or you could buy her a DVD player for 50.00 hehe

the Prisoner

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad:
  5. True, DVD home movies probably wouldnt have Macrovision, But like most things technical,you just have to try it & see if it works(dubbing from DVD to VCR, that is). Buying Mom a $50 DVD player may be a solution, but getting her to learn how to operate it would open up a whole new can of worms!

<A HREF="mailto:iris5u@attglobal.net">iris5u@attglobal.net</A>
Ask a new question

Read More

DVD Players DVD Home Theatre