any taskbar powertool? - highlight my apps whenever mouse ..

June 16, 2005 1:41:10 PM

when i m working, my taskbar is always full of applications. This caused
similar application to be grouped together. thus, I can't see them.

Is there any tool that can highlight the hidden applications whenever my
mouse go over the applications on the taskbar? thanks.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 2:52:30 PM

Right click the Taskbar | Properties | Taskbar tab |
UNCheck: ? Group similar taskbar buttons | Apply | OK

Group similar taskbar buttons
[[Displays taskbar buttons for files opened by the same program in the same
area of the taskbar. In addition, if the taskbar becomes so crowded with
buttons that the width of the buttons shrinks beyond a certain width, then
the buttons for the same program are collapsed into a single button.
Clicking the button lets you access the document you want. Right-clicking
the button lets you close all the documents you want.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:A6ECAB4D-91F5-425F-8D52-FE9CA6380943@microsoft.com,
znme <znme@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> when i m working, my taskbar is always full of applications. This caused
> similar application to be grouped together. thus, I can't see them.
>
> Is there any tool that can highlight the hidden applications whenever my
> mouse go over the applications on the taskbar? thanks.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 7:51:05 PM

All you have to do is click on the grouping and it will bring up a list for
you to pick from.

"znme" wrote:

> when i m working, my taskbar is always full of applications. This caused
> similar application to be grouped together. thus, I can't see them.
>
> Is there any tool that can highlight the hidden applications whenever my
> mouse go over the applications on the taskbar? thanks.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 10:28:01 AM

The Group similar taskbar buttons option is selected by default; to
clear this option, follow these steps:
1. Right-click the taskbar, and then click Properties.
2. Click to clear Group similar taskbar buttons

through registry control:-

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

!