Cracked LCD on Dell Inspirion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetLily

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2008
So my laptop was pulled off the computer table by my dog and landed open, face down. Looks like the LCD is cracked, and it's not covered by warranty. Can anyone give me direction on where to start to get it fixed properly and as cheaply as possible (proper fix being the more pressing of the two issues)? I gather it'll not be cheap to do, so wonder if it's even worth fixing or should I consider myself in the market for a new portable?

Lil

cal8949

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2007
well i dont think getting those screens are cheap but at this site it is $99 + parts for the fix http://laptoprepair.com/
i think it would be $160-$230 deppending on the screen size so if its and older laptop just get a new one now you can buy a new laptop for $500 i would recommend spending $1100 for a new laptop just cause $1100 is best price for performance

Killah_Kal88

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2008
Take some time to consider the costs of the repair. How old is this computer? If this is a computer thats been around for awhile you may want to consider just replacing it with a new one.

Also are you able to replace the lcd screen on your own or do you plan to hire someone to do it for you?

As cal8949 mentioned already, you can purchase a new screen easily. Any data that you may have stored on your hard drive can easily be transferred.

The prices on notebook is dropping dramatically seeing that the current technology that we possess allows vendors to produce performance hardware at a cheaper price.

You can probably go ahead and get a decent dual-core cpu laptop for around $600 no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.