Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

cd/dvd rom will not read when Norton Anti Virus on

Tags:
  • Norton
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows XP
June 16, 2005 2:01:05 PM

Absolutely driving me mad.

Running xp pro with service pack 2 on . cd rom reads fine and dvd works
fine. When I put on Norton 2005 av cd rom just reads disks as blanks and dvd
does not read anything. Also defrag stops working. When I un-install Norton,
everything works fine again.

Really appreciate any imput.

Thanks,

Rickp

More about : dvd rom read norton anti virus

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 5:25:46 PM

This is the XP support group. XP is working fine. Norton is broke. Ask
Norton. My guess is "Autoprotect" is messed up. But Norton should have
the answer.

Rickp wrote:

> Absolutely driving me mad.
>
> Running xp pro with service pack 2 on . cd rom reads fine and dvd works
> fine. When I put on Norton 2005 av cd rom just reads disks as blanks and dvd
> does not read anything. Also defrag stops working. When I un-install Norton,
> everything works fine again.
>
> Really appreciate any imput.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rickp
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 6:03:02 AM

Thanks Bob,

I'll get in touch with Norton,

Rick

"Bob I" wrote:

> This is the XP support group. XP is working fine. Norton is broke. Ask
> Norton. My guess is "Autoprotect" is messed up. But Norton should have
> the answer.
>
> Rickp wrote:
>
> > Absolutely driving me mad.
> >
> > Running xp pro with service pack 2 on . cd rom reads fine and dvd works
> > fine. When I put on Norton 2005 av cd rom just reads disks as blanks and dvd
> > does not read anything. Also defrag stops working. When I un-install Norton,
> > everything works fine again.
> >
> > Really appreciate any imput.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Rickp