cd/dvd rom will not read when Norton Anti Virus on

Absolutely driving me mad.

Running xp pro with service pack 2 on . cd rom reads fine and dvd works
fine. When I put on Norton 2005 av cd rom just reads disks as blanks and dvd
does not read anything. Also defrag stops working. When I un-install Norton,
everything works fine again.

Really appreciate any imput.

Thanks,

Rickp

This is the XP support group. XP is working fine. Norton is broke. Ask
Norton. My guess is "Autoprotect" is messed up. But Norton should have
the answer.

Rickp wrote:

> Absolutely driving me mad.
>
> Running xp pro with service pack 2 on . cd rom reads fine and dvd works
> fine. When I put on Norton 2005 av cd rom just reads disks as blanks and dvd
> does not read anything. Also defrag stops working. When I un-install Norton,
> everything works fine again.
>
> Really appreciate any imput.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rickp

Thanks Bob,

I'll get in touch with Norton,

Rick

"Bob I" wrote:

> This is the XP support group. XP is working fine. Norton is broke. Ask
> Norton. My guess is "Autoprotect" is messed up. But Norton should have
> the answer.
>
> Rickp wrote:
>
> > Absolutely driving me mad.
> >
> > Running xp pro with service pack 2 on . cd rom reads fine and dvd works
> > fine. When I put on Norton 2005 av cd rom just reads disks as blanks and dvd
> > does not read anything. Also defrag stops working. When I un-install Norton,
> > everything works fine again.
> >
> > Really appreciate any imput.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Rickp