What DLL's can I register/unregister to fix them

Using the followowing:

How To Register .dlls In XP and un-register DLLs in Windows XP Pro
Only com/ole/activeX dlls can be registered.

regsvr32 filename

regsvr32 /u filename

regsvr32 /i filename (for self installing dlls - this includes a
register)

regsvr32 /i /u filename (Uninstall)

regsvr32 /? for help

Question is this:

Is there a list of ALL the dll's ,etc that I can use these coammds
with?

thanks

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:18:56 -0400, David Sherman wrote:

> Using the followowing:
>
> How To Register .dlls In XP and un-register DLLs in Windows XP Pro
> Only com/ole/activeX dlls can be registered.
>
> regsvr32 filename
>
> regsvr32 /u filename
>
> regsvr32 /i filename (for self installing dlls - this includes a
> register)
>
> regsvr32 /i /u filename (Uninstall)
>
> regsvr32 /? for help
>
> Question is this:
>
> Is there a list of ALL the dll's ,etc that I can use these coammds
> with?
>
> thanks

Any one setup has thousands of dll files that fall into these categories.
And the list can vary greatly from one system to the next. Usually
registering dll files only comes up if something is broken. If a particular
problem is known to be related to a particular dll file, you'll see advice
to re-register it.

Programs will register any dll files they need as part of their
installation process. This is one of the reasons reinstalling a "broken"
program sorts things right again.

If you try to register a dll that does not fall into any of the mentioned
categories, you'll get a "failed" message. No damage done.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Things like the below:

Try repairing the registry entries for the .DLL files used by
activation.

Use Start- Run and enter the following text in the dialog box:
regsvr32.exe regwizc.dll

Then do it again with the following text:
regsvr32.exe licdll.dll

I have seen some with deactivate and re-activate Windows Firewall. Etc

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:51:56 -0500, Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org>
wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:18:56 -0400, David Sherman wrote:
>
>> Using the followowing:
>>
>> How To Register .dlls In XP and un-register DLLs in Windows XP Pro
>> Only com/ole/activeX dlls can be registered.
>>
>> regsvr32 filename
>>
>> regsvr32 /u filename
>>
>> regsvr32 /i filename (for self installing dlls - this includes a
>> register)
>>
>> regsvr32 /i /u filename (Uninstall)
>>
>> regsvr32 /? for help
>>
>> Question is this:
>>
>> Is there a list of ALL the dll's ,etc that I can use these coammds
>> with?
>>
>> thanks
>
>Any one setup has thousands of dll files that fall into these categories.
>And the list can vary greatly from one system to the next. Usually
>registering dll files only comes up if something is broken. If a particular
>problem is known to be related to a particular dll file, you'll see advice
>to re-register it.
>
>Programs will register any dll files they need as part of their
>installation process. This is one of the reasons reinstalling a "broken"
>program sorts things right again.
>
>If you try to register a dll that does not fall into any of the mentioned
>categories, you'll get a "failed" message. No damage done.
>
>--
>Sharon F
>MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

David Sherman wrote:

> Things like the below:
>
> Try repairing the registry entries for the .DLL files used by
> activation.
>
> Use Start- Run and enter the following text in the dialog box:
> regsvr32.exe regwizc.dll
>
> Then do it again with the following text:
> regsvr32.exe licdll.dll
>
> I have seen some with deactivate and re-activate Windows Firewall. Etc
>

> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:51:56 -0500, Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org>
> wrote:
>

>>On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:18:56 -0400, David Sherman wrote:
>>

>>>Using the followowing:
>>>
>>>How To Register .dlls In XP and un-register DLLs in Windows XP Pro
>>>Only com/ole/activeX dlls can be registered.
>>>
>>>regsvr32 filename
>>>
>>>regsvr32 /u filename
>>>
>>>regsvr32 /i filename (for self installing dlls - this includes a
>>>register)
>>>
>>>regsvr32 /i /u filename (Uninstall)
>>>
>>>regsvr32 /? for help
>>>
>>>Question is this:
>>>
>>>Is there a list of ALL the dll's ,etc that I can use these coammds
>>>with?
>>>
>>>thanks
>>
>>Any one setup has thousands of dll files that fall into these categories.
>>And the list can vary greatly from one system to the next. Usually
>>registering dll files only comes up if something is broken. If a particular
>>problem is known to be related to a particular dll file, you'll see advice
>>to re-register it.
>>
>>Programs will register any dll files they need as part of their
>>installation process. This is one of the reasons reinstalling a "broken"
>>program sorts things right again.
>>
>>If you try to register a dll that does not fall into any of the mentioned
>>categories, you'll get a "failed" message. No damage done.
>>
>>--
>>Sharon F
>>MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

I don't believe there is any such list.