Clean reinstall of MSBN software.

I recently reinstalled WinXP on my computer and now the MSBN Software gives
a MS Visual C++ Runtime error with an abnormal termination. I tried to
reinstall and it work only once (on installation only) then on reboot the
error restarts. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but does not work
right. I think I need to manually remove some of the old files then
reinstall. Anyone know how to do a manual uninstall of the MSBN software?

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Dear Thomas,

First questions. What was the reason to re-install
WinXP?. Were there other issues that required a WinXP re-
install? This is usually a drastic measure to re-install
the OS, as opposed to RESTORE-ing it.

If a simple uninstall does not work, RESTORE you WinXP
system to the earlier date of the re-install.

In the event, you don't really need MSBN with WinXP (SP-
1). It was meant for earlier OS.

joker

You are running a skinning software such as windows blinds or ATI
Hydravision. Either uninstall the program that is really causing the
problem or tell it to stop doing anything to the Broadband network utility.

Thomas Kolakowski wrote:

> I recently reinstalled WinXP on my computer and now the MSBN Software gives
> a MS Visual C++ Runtime error with an abnormal termination. I tried to
> reinstall and it work only once (on installation only) then on reboot the
> error restarts. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but does not work
> right. I think I need to manually remove some of the old files then
> reinstall. Anyone know how to do a manual uninstall of the MSBN software?

I installed a new Motherboard and WinXP didn't like it! Some of the hardware
drivers would not install and some programs, like MSBN Utilities started
crashing. When I reinstalled WinXP some of the software wouldn't reinstall
properly without me manually removing all the files in their various
directories (Easy CD Creator required removing files and several
directories). I can access the Base Station in IE, but the MSBN software is
misbehaving.

"Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Dear Thomas,
>
> First questions. What was the reason to re-install
> WinXP?. Were there other issues that required a WinXP re-
> install? This is usually a drastic measure to re-install
> the OS, as opposed to RESTORE-ing it.
>
> If a simple uninstall does not work, RESTORE you WinXP
> system to the earlier date of the re-install.
>
> In the event, you don't really need MSBN with WinXP (SP-
> 1). It was meant for earlier OS.

joker

You should have formatted after changing the motherboard.

Thomas Kolakowski wrote:

> I installed a new Motherboard and WinXP didn't like it! Some of the hardware
> drivers would not install and some programs, like MSBN Utilities started
> crashing. When I reinstalled WinXP some of the software wouldn't reinstall
> properly without me manually removing all the files in their various
> directories (Easy CD Creator required removing files and several
> directories). I can access the Base Station in IE, but the MSBN software is
> misbehaving.
>
> "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>Dear Thomas,
>>
>>First questions. What was the reason to re-install
>>WinXP?. Were there other issues that required a WinXP re-
>>install? This is usually a drastic measure to re-install
>>the OS, as opposed to RESTORE-ing it.
>>
>>If a simple uninstall does not work, RESTORE you WinXP
>>system to the earlier date of the re-install.
>>
>>In the event, you don't really need MSBN with WinXP (SP-
>>1). It was meant for earlier OS.

wow windows blinds caused that grr... thx

TRENDING THREADS