Dummy

after i downloaded latest windows updates pc crashed bigtime so being
ignorant i pushed system restore i have back up disk 6 i am really lost
no need to fuss wife an kids already have

You need to explain this a little better.
XP comes with a system restore but it does not work off disks.
IBM(?) has a one button restore feature....?? which I assume needs disks
preferably in order1 2 3 etc....
I assume this restore feature sets the whole system back to "as 1st
purchased"
This type of information is usually in your manual or even on the
manufacturers website.
hope i was a little help
peterk

the problem
"dummy" <dummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> after i downloaded latest windows updates pc crashed bigtime so being
> ignorant i pushed system restore i have back up disk 6 i am really lost
> no need to fuss wife an kids already have

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

dummy wrote:

> after i downloaded latest windows updates pc crashed bigtime so being
> ignorant i pushed system restore i have back up disk 6 i am really lost
> no need to fuss wife an kids already have

Please repost your question after reviewing this link on how to make a
good newsgroup post.

Making Good Newsgroup Posts
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

I've got such a mess going I don't know where to start. Windows XP
Professional programs not responding,attempts to download-intrenet explorer
can't open page,system slow,there seems to be open commands in the
registry,and a bunch of other stuff.When the problems first started I ran
anti-virus and spybot,they both found something. Did I get a virus online or
spyware??How to fix all of this is way beyond me. Any help??
--
RJ

"Rock" wrote:

> dummy wrote:
>
> > after i downloaded latest windows updates pc crashed bigtime so being
> > ignorant i pushed system restore i have back up disk 6 i am really lost
> > no need to fuss wife an kids already have
>
> Please repost your question after reviewing this link on how to make a
> good newsgroup post.
>
> Making Good Newsgroup Posts
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke

Rockin Rabbit wrote:

> I've got such a mess going I don't know where to start. Windows XP
> Professional programs not responding,attempts to download-intrenet
> explorer can't open page,system slow,there seems to be open commands
> in the registry,and a bunch of other stuff.When the problems first
> started I ran anti-virus and spybot,they both found something. Did I
> get a virus online or spyware??How to fix all of this is way beyond
> me. Any help??

Go through these malware removal steps systematically. You need to do
everything with updated tools in Safe Mode. Obviously, you'll need to
get what you need from a different, known-clean computer with a working
Internet connection and a cd burner (or have a usb thumbdrive with
enough capacity to transfer the files).

If this seems too difficult, there is no shame in admitting that. Take
the machine to a professional computer repair shop (not your local
equivalent of BigStoreUSA).

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Hi Rockin,

Here are some tips for removing virus and malware infections.

Virus and Spyware removal and prevention
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User