system restore

after i downloaded latest windows updates pc crashed bigtime so being
ignorant i pushed system restore i have back up disk 6 i am really lost
no need to fuss wife an kids already have
5 answers Last reply
More about system restore

    You need to explain this a little better.
    XP comes with a system restore but it does not work off disks.
    IBM(?) has a one button restore feature....?? which I assume needs disks
    preferably in order1 2 3 etc....
    I assume this restore feature sets the whole system back to "as 1st
    purchased"
    This type of information is usually in your manual or even on the
    manufacturers website.
    hope i was a little help
    peterk

    the problem

    dummy wrote:

    > after i downloaded latest windows updates pc crashed bigtime so being
    > ignorant i pushed system restore i have back up disk 6 i am really lost
    > no need to fuss wife an kids already have

    Please repost your question after reviewing this link on how to make a
    good newsgroup post.

    Making Good Newsgroup Posts
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    I've got such a mess going I don't know where to start. Windows XP
    Professional programs not responding,attempts to download-intrenet explorer
    can't open page,system slow,there seems to be open commands in the
    registry,and a bunch of other stuff.When the problems first started I ran
    anti-virus and spybot,they both found something. Did I get a virus online or
    spyware??How to fix all of this is way beyond me. Any help??
    --
    RJ

    Rockin Rabbit wrote:

    > I've got such a mess going I don't know where to start. Windows XP
    > Professional programs not responding,attempts to download-intrenet
    > explorer can't open page,system slow,there seems to be open commands
    > in the registry,and a bunch of other stuff.When the problems first
    > started I ran anti-virus and spybot,they both found something. Did I
    > get a virus online or spyware??How to fix all of this is way beyond
    > me. Any help??

    Go through these malware removal steps systematically. You need to do
    everything with updated tools in Safe Mode. Obviously, you'll need to
    get what you need from a different, known-clean computer with a working
    Internet connection and a cd burner (or have a usb thumbdrive with
    enough capacity to transfer the files).

    If this seems too difficult, there is no shame in admitting that. Take
    the machine to a professional computer repair shop (not your local
    equivalent of BigStoreUSA).

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Hi Rockin,

    Here are some tips for removing virus and malware infections.

    Virus and Spyware removal and prevention
    http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Rockin Rabbit wrote:
    > I've got such a mess going I don't know where to start.
    > Windows XP Professional programs not responding,attempts
    > to download-intrenet explorer can't open page,system
    > slow,there seems to be open commands in the registry,and
    > a bunch of other stuff.When the problems first started I
    > ran anti-virus and spybot,they both found something. Did
    > I get a virus online or spyware??How to fix all of this
    > is way beyond me. Any help??
    >
    >> dummy wrote:
    >>
    >>> after i downloaded latest windows updates pc crashed
    >>> bigtime so being ignorant i pushed system restore i
    >>> have back up disk 6 i am really lost no need to fuss
    >>> wife an kids already have
    >>
    >> Please repost your question after reviewing this link on
    >> how to make a good newsgroup post.
    >>
    >> Making Good Newsgroup Posts
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>
    >> --