fast corewar simulator?

Archived from groups: rec.games.corewar (More info?)

Hi!

I'm looking for a real fast corewar simulator. I'm working on an evolver
which is at the moment only calling pMars.
I tried exhaust, but it doesn't work with my benchmark warriors.
Is exhaust really not able to read these "foo EQU <value>" instructions?
Which simulator can you recommend?
Is there an simulator which works like a tcp server? Which is listening
for incoming battles ?

THanks for help
Sheep

Steffen <sheepwoo12@gmx.de> wrote in message news:<ciji83$u07$01$1@news.t-online.com>...
> Hi!
>
> I'm looking for a real fast corewar simulator. I'm working on an evolver
> which is at the moment only calling pMars.
> I tried exhaust, but it doesn't work with my benchmark warriors.
> Is exhaust really not able to read these "foo EQU <value>" instructions?
> Which simulator can you recommend?
> Is there an simulator which works like a tcp server? Which is listening
> for incoming battles ?
>
> THanks for help
> Sheep

I still use exhaust. There are other good choices-I don't
remember any that will read EQU statements. But you can just run the
warriors through pmars to get the object code (redirect the output to
a file
"pmars warrior.red > obj.txt" )
Dave Hillis

Archived from groups: rec.games.corewar (More info?)

Steffen <sheepwoo12@gmx.de> wrote in message news:<ciji83$u07$01$1@news.t-online.com>...
> Hi!
>
> I'm looking for a real fast corewar simulator. I'm working on an evolver
> which is at the moment only calling pMars.
> I tried exhaust, but it doesn't work with my benchmark warriors.
> Is exhaust really not able to read these "foo EQU <value>" instructions?
> Which simulator can you recommend?
> Is there an simulator which works like a tcp server? Which is listening
> for incoming battles ?
>
> THanks for help
> Sheep

exMARS by Martin Ankerl is fast and includes the parser from pmars so
handles the same input macros as pmars.

He announced it here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=7024f804.0310160025.3aa3015f%40posting.google.com

There's more info and a download available via the search
http://www.google.com/search?q=exmars-0.01.tar.gz

I use it without problem in the Cygwin environment.