Must reset MN-700 every time we restart computer, using WPA

Our network consists of an MN-700 router, a desktop with
a MN-730 wireless-G adapter, two latptops with linksys
wireless-G adapters, a printer with internal wireless-b
and a laptop with internal wireless-g.

Every time we restart a computer, we have to reset the
router (turn it off, turn it back on) for that computer
to get on the network. (The computer might say it's
connected to the network under wireless networks property
window, but in reality no packets are received and it
can't connect online or to the network drives).

Also, periodically, the computers will just drop off the
network without having been re-started. This happens
most frequently with the desktop with the microsoft
wireless adapter.

Any ideas on how to solve this? All computers are running
XP with the latest updates.
3 answers Last reply
More about must reset time restart computer

    Ideally, one of the computers should be connected to the
    router via ethernet cable. The desktop would be the
    logical choice. Swap the wireless NIC with an inexpensive
    ethernet one. You don't say what kind of Internet
    connection you have. Make sure IEEE is not checked on the
    Authenication tab of all the computers' network
    connection.

    The wired connection is only needed to setup the router
    or update its firmware (and this can even been done with
    a wireless connection, but manually).

    Thanks for the tip! The Internet connection is a cable
    modem... I checked for the IEEE on the authentication
    tab - it is checked, and greyed out - I couldn't figure
    out how to uncheck it... any ideas?

    Thanks!

Routers Wireless Computers Internal Wireless Networking