Must reset MN-700 every time we restart computer, using WPA

Our network consists of an MN-700 router, a desktop with
a MN-730 wireless-G adapter, two latptops with linksys
wireless-G adapters, a printer with internal wireless-b
and a laptop with internal wireless-g.

Every time we restart a computer, we have to reset the
router (turn it off, turn it back on) for that computer
to get on the network. (The computer might say it's
connected to the network under wireless networks property
window, but in reality no packets are received and it
can't connect online or to the network drives).

Also, periodically, the computers will just drop off the
network without having been re-started. This happens
most frequently with the desktop with the microsoft
wireless adapter.

Any ideas on how to solve this? All computers are running
XP with the latest updates.

Mary

Ideally, one of the computers should be connected to the
router via ethernet cable. The desktop would be the
logical choice. Swap the wireless NIC with an inexpensive
ethernet one. You don't say what kind of Internet
connection you have. Make sure IEEE is not checked on the
Authenication tab of all the computers' network
connection.

The wired connection is only needed to setup the router
or update its firmware (and this can even been done with
a wireless connection, but manually).

Thanks for the tip! The Internet connection is a cable
modem... I checked for the IEEE on the authentication
tab - it is checked, and greyed out - I couldn't figure
out how to uncheck it... any ideas?

Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS