Windows XP Pro Uninstall

I have a laptop with a 6GB hard drive. I am trying to free up some
significant space. What are the negative consequences of removing the
Windows XP Uninstall program (441MB)?
--
Ron H
2 answers Last reply

    If you were using a different Windows version, then you can not return to
    that version.

    BTW: 6GB seems to be too small for XP to work with.

    "Ron H" <RonH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a laptop with a 6GB hard drive. I am trying to free up some
    > significant space. What are the negative consequences of removing the
    > Windows XP Uninstall program (441MB)?
    > --
    > Ron H

    A typical install of XP is around 1.5GB. Depending on ones needs 6GB would
    be Ok but I tend to see 10GB as being a reasonable minimum if you plan to
    run much more than an office suite.
    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    > If you were using a different Windows version, then you can not return to
    > that version.
    >

    > BTW: 6GB seems to be too small for XP to work with.
    >

    > "Ron H" <RonH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a laptop with a 6GB hard drive. I am trying to free up some
    > > significant space. What are the negative consequences of removing the
    > > Windows XP Uninstall program (441MB)?
    > > --
    > > Ron H

Windows XP Microsoft Hard Drives