Windows XP Pro Uninstall

June 16, 2005 5:00:03 PM

I have a laptop with a 6GB hard drive. I am trying to free up some
significant space. What are the negative consequences of removing the
Windows XP Uninstall program (441MB)?
--
Ron H

More about : windows pro uninstall

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 8:34:32 PM

If you were using a different Windows version, then you can not return to
that version.

BTW: 6GB seems to be too small for XP to work with.

"Ron H" <RonH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a laptop with a 6GB hard drive. I am trying to free up some
> significant space. What are the negative consequences of removing the
> Windows XP Uninstall program (441MB)?
> --
> Ron H
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 8:34:33 PM

A typical install of XP is around 1.5GB. Depending on ones needs 6GB would
be Ok but I tend to see 10GB as being a reasonable minimum if you plan to
run much more than an office suite.
--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp