Help me plz!

My computer is in good condition with Windows XP Professional Service Pack
2(updated from Internet) NTFS
My friend unplugged my HDD SATA Segate(contains my WinXP) and plugged his
HDD to test if his HDD worked. Then he re-installed my HDD and when I
restarted and it appeared the error message :
Windows could
not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
Please re-install or copy the above file.

What should I do now...friends!

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm

Check out the above site for probably solutions to your issue.
Heirloom, old and need to ride

"kingvu" <kingvu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer is in good condition with Windows XP Professional Service Pack
> 2(updated from Internet) NTFS
> My friend unplugged my HDD SATA Segate(contains my WinXP) and plugged his
> HDD to test if his HDD worked. Then he re-installed my HDD and when I
> restarted and it appeared the error message :
> Windows could
> not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
> <windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
> Please re-install or copy the above file.
>
> What should I do now...friends!

Also

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b320252

--
Peter

"kingvu" <kingvu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:476F958E-7703-460B-A715-99E665768671@microsoft.com...
> My computer is in good condition with Windows XP Professional Service Pack
> 2(updated from Internet) NTFS
> My friend unplugged my HDD SATA Segate(contains my WinXP) and plugged his
> HDD to test if his HDD worked. Then he re-installed my HDD and when I
> restarted and it appeared the error message :
> Windows could
> not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
> <windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
> Please re-install or copy the above file.
>
> What should I do now...friends!

Men! I tried all the solution but no help! I think my problm is I am using
NTFS file so when I copy the file hal.dll or... they r not accepted
So is there any expert here can help me!? I need no just that kind of
reply... a link n nothing...?Thanks!

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Also
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b320252
>
> --
> Peter

> "kingvu" <kingvu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:476F958E-7703-460B-A715-99E665768671@microsoft.com...
> > My computer is in good condition with Windows XP Professional Service Pack
> > 2(updated from Internet) NTFS
> > My friend unplugged my HDD SATA Segate(contains my WinXP) and plugged his
> > HDD to test if his HDD worked. Then he re-installed my HDD and when I
> > restarted and it appeared the error message :
> > Windows could
> > not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
> > <windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
> > Please re-install or copy the above file.
> >
> > What should I do now...friends!

Hi Kingvu,

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 03:30:02 -0700, kingvu
<kingvu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Men! I tried all the solution but no help! I think my problm is I am using
>NTFS file so when I copy the file hal.dll or...

I assume you have been into BIOS and checked that the SATA disk is set
as the boot disk.

When your friend inserted the IDE drive, he either set it as the boot
device or your computer automatically your computer to boot from the
IDE channal. You will have to go into BIOS and set the SATA as the
boot channal.

Regards Leif.

Great thought, Leif!! I'm sitting here wondering why I didn't think of
that.........my bet is that your solution will do the trick.
......hope the OP gives us some feedback.
Heirloom, old and bet it works

"Leif Nordmand Andersen" <lna@flashmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Kingvu,
>
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 03:30:02 -0700, kingvu
> <kingvu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Men! I tried all the solution but no help! I think my problm is I am using
>>NTFS file so when I copy the file hal.dll or...
>
> I assume you have been into BIOS and checked that the SATA disk is set
> as the boot disk.
>
> When your friend inserted the IDE drive, he either set it as the boot
> device or your computer automatically your computer to boot from the
> IDE channal. You will have to go into BIOS and set the SATA as the
> boot channal.
>
> Regards Leif.

rabie ali

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009

My computer is in good condition with Windows XP Professional Service Pack
2(updated from Internet) NTFS
My friend unplugged my HDD SATA Segate(contains my WinXP) and plugged his
HDD to test if his HDD worked. Then he re-installed my HDD and when I
restarted and it appeared the error message :
Windows could
not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
Please re-install or copy the above file.

What should I do now...friends!
k f0r help
than

blackhawk1928

My computer is in good condition with Windows XP Professional Service Pack
2(updated from Internet) NTFS
My friend unplugged my HDD SATA Segate(contains my WinXP) and plugged his
HDD to test if his HDD worked. Then he re-installed my HDD and when I
restarted and it appeared the error message :
Windows could
not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
Please re-install or copy the above file.

What should I do now...friends!

-Thats just amazing, I literally had this problem like 10minutes ago on my other computer, I had the exact same message as you, I force shutdown my system, restarted and everything went back to normal...

Latest posts