Logon Screen with blank ID.

Hi,
How can I set the Logon screen to blank? Wenthe user log off and log
back on the user ID show as previos user logon ID. I would like to set as
blank, anytime when user logon.

Any help would be very appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about logon screen blank

    sighsky wrote:
    > Hi,
    > How can I set the Logon screen to blank? Wenthe user
    > log off and log back on the user ID show as previos user
    > logon ID. I would like to set as blank, anytime when user
    > logon.
    >
    > Any help would be very appreciated.

    If you're running Windows XP Professional you can use the local
    group policy to accomplish this:

    Go to Start -> Run and enter gpedit.msc in the Open box.
    Click OK.
    Navigate to this location:
    Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Local Policies\Security
    In the right hand pane locate this policy;
    Interactive logon: Do not display last user name.
    Right click on it and select Properties.
    Select Enable.
    Click OK.
    Close the Local Security Policy editor.
    Restart you computer.

    If you're using XP Home then you need to modify the registry.
    Go to Start -> Run and enter regedit in the Open box.
    Navigate to this key:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system

    In the right hand pane, right click dontdisplaylastusername.
    Select Modify from the drop down menu.
    Change the Value data to 1.
    Click OK and close the registry editor.
    Restart your computer.

    You can also use the registry fix listed on line 150, right
    hand side, on this web site to accomplish the same results:

    Good luck

    Nepatsfan

    Hi,

    WinXP Pro only:

    Start/run secpol.msc, under Local Policies/Security Options, enable
    "Interactive Logon, do not display last user name".

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "sighsky" <sighserena@hoymail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > How can I set the Logon screen to blank? Wenthe user log off and log
    > back on the user ID show as previos user logon ID. I would like to set as
    > blank, anytime when user logon.
    >
    > Any help would be very appreciated.

    Hi,

    Although this KB is for Windows 2000, it also applies for Windows XP Professional

    How To Prevent the Last Logged-On User Name from Being Displayed in Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q310125

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "sighsky" <sighserena@hoymail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > How can I set the Logon screen to blank? Wenthe user log off and log
    > back on the user ID show as previos user logon ID. I would like to set as
    > blank, anytime when user logon.
    >
    > Any help would be very appreciated.

Microsoft Windows XP