cam

Distinguished
May 17, 2004

Maybe there are such things as dumb questions, after all. Anyway, here's
mine: While reinstalling an image viewing program, I has to install Adobe
Reader 4.0 in order to get the User Manual. I've already updated to Adobe
Reader 7.0 on my machine. Haven't figured out a way to test this yet - if I
uninstall 4.0, leaving 7.0 in place, will programs that initially required
earlier versions of Reader automatically pick up on Version 7.0?

If the files are in .pdf format, no probs. Version 7 should be backward
compatible with any files you used with ver 4.
Heirloom, old and have 7

From: "cam" <camazREMOVE29@DhotDROPmail.com>

| Maybe there are such things as dumb questions, after all. Anyway, here's
| mine: While reinstalling an image viewing program, I has to install Adobe
| Reader 4.0 in order to get the User Manual. I've already updated to Adobe
| Reader 7.0 on my machine. Haven't figured out a way to test this yet - if I
| uninstall 4.0, leaving 7.0 in place, will programs that initially required
| earlier versions of Reader automatically pick up on Version 7.0?

If the application wants to install Adobe Reader v4.x then it's an *OLD* application indeed
!

There can only be one active Adobe Reader on a PC, and it should be the latest version.
That latest version is bakward compatible to all previously generated Adobe PDF files. If
you use v7.x then you should disallow the installation of older versions of Adobe Reader.
Not doing so is asking for problems.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Running Windows XP

I had a glitch trying to use Acrobat Reader 7. Did it correctly, uninstalled
ver 6.03, rebooted and installed version 7.

When opening pdf file that had "smart quotes" (66 on the left and 99 on the
right) it moved the 99 quote to the right. The same with apostrophes.

Had to go back to ver 6.03.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

> From: "cam" <camazREMOVE29@DhotDROPmail.com>
>
> | Maybe there are such things as dumb questions, after all. Anyway,
> here's
> | mine: While reinstalling an image viewing program, I has to install
> Adobe
> | Reader 4.0 in order to get the User Manual. I've already updated to
> Adobe
> | Reader 7.0 on my machine. Haven't figured out a way to test this yet -
> if I
> | uninstall 4.0, leaving 7.0 in place, will programs that initially
> required
> | earlier versions of Reader automatically pick up on Version 7.0?
> |

> If the application wants to install Adobe Reader v4.x then it's an *OLD*
> application indeed
> !
>
> There can only be one active Adobe Reader on a PC, and it should be the
> latest version.
> That latest version is bakward compatible to all previously generated
> Adobe PDF files. If
> you use v7.x then you should disallow the installation of older versions
> of Adobe Reader.
> Not doing so is asking for problems.
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

cam

Distinguished
May 17, 2004

Roger and Wilco. Uninstalled v.4.0 and opened the Canon Photorecord file.
I'm surprised that Adobe didn't recognize that I already had a newer
version, but went ahead and downloaded.