Multimedia Audio Controller

June 16, 2005 6:39:03 PM

I am unable to assign the SiS 7012 Audio Driver for the Multimedia Audio
Controller device because the system thinks there is either the same service
name or service display name already present but which name it is refering to
I haven't a clue and I cannot find another instance of "Multimedia Audio
Controller" and no services with any name similar to the driver or device
name.

Device properties shows error code 28.
--
Paul CS
Anonymous

Error code 28 is ...the drivers are not installed for this device.
http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/sis7012.html
peterk

the problem
"Paulcs" <Paulcs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am unable to assign the SiS 7012 Audio Driver for the Multimedia Audio
> Controller device because the system thinks there is either the same
> service
> name or service display name already present but which name it is refering
> I haven't a clue and I cannot find another instance of "Multimedia Audio
> Controller" and no services with any name similar to the driver or device
> name.
>
> Device properties shows error code 28.
> --
> Paul CS
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 7:33:02 AM

Got the driver tried it and it failed to install correctly with "service name
or service display name already present" - it seems it is the driver that is
causing the problem - I've checked this is the correct driver for the device.
--
Paul CS

!