Multimedia Audio Controller

I am unable to assign the SiS 7012 Audio Driver for the Multimedia Audio
Controller device because the system thinks there is either the same service
name or service display name already present but which name it is refering to
I haven't a clue and I cannot find another instance of "Multimedia Audio
Controller" and no services with any name similar to the driver or device
name.

Device properties shows error code 28.
--
Paul CS
2 answers Last reply

    Error code 28 is ...the drivers are not installed for this device.
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/sis7012.html
    peterk

    the problem
    "Paulcs" <Paulcs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am unable to assign the SiS 7012 Audio Driver for the Multimedia Audio
    > Controller device because the system thinks there is either the same
    > service
    > name or service display name already present but which name it is refering
    > I haven't a clue and I cannot find another instance of "Multimedia Audio
    > Controller" and no services with any name similar to the driver or device
    > name.
    >
    > Device properties shows error code 28.
    > --
    > Paul CS

    Got the driver tried it and it failed to install correctly with "service name
    or service display name already present" - it seems it is the driver that is
    causing the problem - I've checked this is the correct driver for the device.
    --
    Paul CS

    "peterk" wrote:

    > Error code 28 is ...the drivers are not installed for this device.
    > http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/sis7012.html
    > peterk
    >
    > --
    > It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much about
    > the problem
    > "Paulcs" <Paulcs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am unable to assign the SiS 7012 Audio Driver for the Multimedia Audio
    > > Controller device because the system thinks there is either the same
    > > service
    > > name or service display name already present but which name it is refering
    > > I haven't a clue and I cannot find another instance of "Multimedia Audio
    > > Controller" and no services with any name similar to the driver or device
    > > name.
    > >
    > > Device properties shows error code 28.
    > > --
    > > Paul CS

Controller Multimedia Devices Audio Windows XP