problems configuring the 802.11 base station

Mike

Splendid

I am stuck trying to load the software for the 802.11
wireless router - it tells me that I must disable any
security software or firewalls in order to install and I
have done all that, but it still won't let me continue.
Ideas?

If you're running Norton (Symantec), McAfee anti-virus or any third-party
firewall like ZoneAlarm, this message will come up also. Just using "Exit"
from the Systray icon only closes down the icon, not the program.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am stuck trying to load the software for the 802.11
> wireless router - it tells me that I must disable any
> security software or firewalls in order to install and I
> have done all that, but it still won't let me continue.
> Ideas?

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

You probably have not disabled the computer firewall.
Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and
Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.
Right-click the connection on which you want to disable
the firewall, and then click Properties.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click to clear the
Internet Connection Firewall check box.