problems configuring the 802.11 base station

I am stuck trying to load the software for the 802.11
wireless router - it tells me that I must disable any
security software or firewalls in order to install and I
have done all that, but it still won't let me continue.
Ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about problems configuring base station

    If you're running Norton (Symantec), McAfee anti-virus or any third-party
    firewall like ZoneAlarm, this message will come up also. Just using "Exit"
    from the Systray icon only closes down the icon, not the program.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP

    "mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am stuck trying to load the software for the 802.11
    > wireless router - it tells me that I must disable any
    > security software or firewalls in order to install and I
    > have done all that, but it still won't let me continue.
    > Ideas?

    You probably have not disabled the computer firewall.
    Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and
    Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.
    Right-click the connection on which you want to disable
    the firewall, and then click Properties.
    Click the Advanced tab, and then click to clear the
    Internet Connection Firewall check box.

Routers Networking