I am getting no sound from my computer

redhead

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2004

I updated from windows 98 to windows xp. Before I did that my sound worked
fine. Now I get no sound from my computer. My speakers are working cuz you
can turn them up and hear the dead static. I need to know how to fix this.

Did you record what sound card you had (before you upgraded)?
You most likely need to get Window XP driver software for that sound card to
make it work in XP.

Redhead wrote:
> I updated from windows 98 to windows xp. Before I did that my sound
> worked fine. Now I get no sound from my computer. My speakers are
> working cuz you can turn them up and hear the dead static. I need to
> know how to fix this.

Install the XP sound drivers for your hardware.

--
Peace!
Kurt