Device not recognised after sp2

Hi there,

I'm helping a friend with his PC - he installed SP2 recently from a disk and
everything seemed fine except that his memory stick (which he keeps all his
data on) 'disappeared'. No error messages - you just couldn't see it at all.
I did a restore to remove SP2 and it reappeared again.
I'd like to get him onto SP2 eventually - can you explain what's happening
here please ? Thanks.
--
carole UK

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Carole UK wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm helping a friend with his PC - he installed SP2 recently from a disk and
> everything seemed fine except that his memory stick (which he keeps all his
> data on) 'disappeared'. No error messages - you just couldn't see it at all.
> I did a restore to remove SP2 and it reappeared again.
> I'd like to get him onto SP2 eventually - can you explain what's happening
> here please ? Thanks.

General USB troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310575

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User