NO COLOR IN TV OUT!!! HELP!!!

sebastian_sk

Distinguished
May 20, 2003
Dear all, I have recently bought an s-video adapter and the corresponding cable in order to connect my TV with my PC. I have a Pentium IV 2,6 MHZ, Gforce4 Ti 4200 128 MB (AGP X8) with TVout, 768 MB DDR 333 memory and 40 GB hard drive (Windows XP Pro). Although when i connect the cables to the TV i have no problem of identification the display that i get is black and white and not colored!!! I have tried several TV's but the results are the same.I have tried all the available Nvidia settings including TV formats but still couldn't see any color!! My Nvidia drivers are updated and so the WDM and in general my PC is softwared updated in general. Does anyone know what the hell prevents color display? Is the problem software oriented or my TV out connection has a problem?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Your card shouldn't even have a standard S-Video connection (4-pins), but instead an S-Video/Composite connector (6-pins). An S-Video cable fits the jack, but your card was supposed to include a short dongle cable (around 3" long) to break out the other two pins to a Composite connector.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

silly_rabbit

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2002
i would say its not even a converter, its only an adaptor.
happened to me bofore when i try to connect my NGC to my tuner card.
If i remember correctly i tried to convert s-video into A/V
and it turned out to be black and white.

Trix are <font color=red>NOT JUST</font color=red> for kids