Troubled lady

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Hello, I have two disk partitions on my laptop (C and D drive)
Windows XP is installed on the C drive and recently Windows 7 on the D drive.
I performed a system restore yesterday on the C drive and now, I can't access the C drive, not even in safe mode!
It directs me to the D drive Windows 7.
Please help!!

JoshuaGaler

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
As per you query I think you restored your C drive on the date before you had installed your windows 7. If this is correct, I have a solution to that and that is you have to find a bootloader option in my computer properties. I can guide you for xp right click on My Computer, then Advanced (i think). Find Startup and Enviroment Variables, and reset the time to show the OS Selection screen to 30 (or appropriate time). Find the same in your Windows 7 click edit and copy and paste the path in which you see then change "0" to "1" in any one of them if both one then make one "0". Reboot you computer and check it out.

Troubled lady

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Hello

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I installed Windows 7 on the D drive a month ago and I performed a system restore on the C drive before the date of Windows 7 installation.

My only concern is that I cannot access the C drive, however I can login into the D drive and I can see the files on the C drive.

Are you able to help?

Thank you so for your time

Troubled lady

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Hello

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I installed Windows 7 on the D drive a month ago and I performed a system restore on the C drive before the date of Windows 7 installation.

My only concern is that I cannot access the C drive, however I can login into the D drive and I can see the files on the C drive.

Are you able to help?

Thank you so for your time