Windows Automatic Updates

June 16, 2005 10:09:05 PM

I have my automatic update thingy set to the third option - Notify me but
don't automatically download or install them.

This use to work alright but for a while all it's been doing is notifying me
that there's updates to install. When I click download the icon in the icon
tray says that downloading is at 0%, and after a while it disappears all
together

--
Jayso
June 16, 2005 11:55:02 PM

I experienced the same issue and corrected it courtesy of Treeman.

"The new update service from Microsoft that automatically updates
Windows, Office and a number of other popular Microsoft software titles
is now active. The new site operates very similar to Windows Update as
users have the ability to choose which updates they want to be
downloaded or they can elect to have the software automatically choose
for them. The new service can be reached at;"

'Microsoft Update now live ' (http://update.microsoft.com)

"Jayso" wrote:

> I have my automatic update thingy set to the third option - Notify me but
> don't automatically download or install them.
>
> This use to work alright but for a while all it's been doing is notifying me
> that there's updates to install. When I click download the icon in the icon
> tray says that downloading is at 0%, and after a while it disappears all
> together
>
> --
> Jayso
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 1:15:05 AM

And if you go to http://v6.windowsupdate.microsoft.com...?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Jayso wrote:
> I have my automatic update thingy set to the third option - Notify me but
> don't automatically download or install them.
>
> This use to work alright but for a while all it's been doing is notifying
> me that there's updates to install. When I click download the icon in the
> icon tray says that downloading is at 0%, and after a while it disappears
> all together
June 17, 2005 2:41:21 AM

Better still install the New Release of Microsoft Update (released today). Easier to function with plus it will give you the same as Windows Update plus Office updates and all MS product Updates

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/microsoftu...
--
Peter

"Jayso" <jayso_chinnery@hotmail.com(nospam)> wrote in message news:61F0D6CD-5A09-4A33-A1C7-CD92D9055C0C@microsoft.com...
>I have my automatic update thingy set to the third option - Notify me but
> don't automatically download or install them.
>
> This use to work alright but for a while all it's been doing is notifying me
> that there's updates to install. When I click download the icon in the icon
> tray says that downloading is at 0%, and after a while it disappears all
> together
>
> --
> Jayso
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 3:13:08 AM

[<whispers> MU had a "soft" launch on 06 Jun-05, Peter.]
--
~PA Bear

Peter Foldes wrote:
> Better still install the New Release of Microsoft Update (released
> today). Easier to function with plus it will give you the same as Windows
> Update plus Office updates and all MS product Updates
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/microsoftu...
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 3:43:30 AM

Robear

Not whispering back on account of strep throat. LOL MU today to all the rest.

--
Peter

"PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:o z%23Q8pucFHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> [<whispers> MU had a "soft" launch on 06 Jun-05, Peter.]
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Peter Foldes wrote:
>> Better still install the New Release of Microsoft Update (released
>> today). Easier to function with plus it will give you the same as Windows
>> Update plus Office updates and all MS product Updates
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/microsoftu...
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 11:01:37 AM

Why can't I download updates?