Windows Automatic Updates

I have my automatic update thingy set to the third option - Notify me but
don't automatically download or install them.

This use to work alright but for a while all it's been doing is notifying me
that there's updates to install. When I click download the icon in the icon
tray says that downloading is at 0%, and after a while it disappears all
together

--
Jayso
6 answers Last reply

    I experienced the same issue and corrected it courtesy of Treeman.

    "The new update service from Microsoft that automatically updates
    Windows, Office and a number of other popular Microsoft software titles
    is now active. The new site operates very similar to Windows Update as
    users have the ability to choose which updates they want to be
    downloaded or they can elect to have the software automatically choose
    for them. The new service can be reached at;"

    'Microsoft Update now live ' (http://update.microsoft.com)

    And if you go to http://v6.windowsupdate.microsoft.com...?
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Jayso wrote:
    > I have my automatic update thingy set to the third option - Notify me but
    > don't automatically download or install them.
    >
    > This use to work alright but for a while all it's been doing is notifying
    > me that there's updates to install. When I click download the icon in the
    > icon tray says that downloading is at 0%, and after a while it disappears
    > all together

    Better still install the New Release of Microsoft Update (released today). Easier to function with plus it will give you the same as Windows Update plus Office updates and all MS product Updates

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/microsoftupdate/default.mspx
    --
    Peter

    "Jayso" <jayso_chinnery@hotmail.com(nospam)> wrote in message news:61F0D6CD-5A09-4A33-A1C7-CD92D9055C0C@microsoft.com...
    >I have my automatic update thingy set to the third option - Notify me but
    > don't automatically download or install them.
    >
    > This use to work alright but for a while all it's been doing is notifying me
    > that there's updates to install. When I click download the icon in the icon
    > tray says that downloading is at 0%, and after a while it disappears all
    > together
    >
    > --
    > Jayso

    [<whispers> MU had a "soft" launch on 06 Jun-05, Peter.]
    --
    ~PA Bear

    Peter Foldes wrote:
    > Better still install the New Release of Microsoft Update (released
    > today). Easier to function with plus it will give you the same as Windows
    > Update plus Office updates and all MS product Updates
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/microsoftupdate/default.mspx

    Robear

    Not whispering back on account of strep throat. LOL MU today to all the rest.

    --
    Peter

    "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:Oz%23Q8pucFHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > [<whispers> MU had a "soft" launch on 06 Jun-05, Peter.]
    > --
    > ~PA Bear
    >
    > Peter Foldes wrote:
    >> Better still install the New Release of Microsoft Update (released
    >> today). Easier to function with plus it will give you the same as Windows
    >> Update plus Office updates and all MS product Updates
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/microsoftupdate/default.mspx

    Why can't I download updates?

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP
    Jayso wrote:

    > I have my automatic update thingy set to the third option - Notify me but
    > don't automatically download or install them.
    >
    > This use to work alright but for a while all it's been doing is notifying me
    > that there's updates to install. When I click download the icon in the icon
    > tray says that downloading is at 0%, and after a while it disappears all
    > together

Download Microsoft Windows XP