Directx 9.0c

Can anyone help? i installed SP2 and then tried playing starfleet command 3
but its saying i need to install directx 8.1 or higher but i already have
directx9.1c installed, if anyone knows what to do, please reply, thanx.
5 answers Last reply
More about directx

    Hi Col,

    "Col" <Col@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:552E6222-2946-4B5D-B656-D598DECE8F99@microsoft.com...
    > Can anyone help? i installed SP2 and then tried playing starfleet command 3
    > but its saying i need to install directx 8.1 or higher but i already have
    > directx9.1c installed, if anyone knows what to do, please reply, thanx.

    Have you tried reinstalling SFC3 with hopes it will detect that DirectX9 is installed?

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    Hello Jimmy, yes i have, 2 times and it still gives me the option of
    installing direct 8.1, if there is any other way like reinstalling directx
    but i've tried dxdiag and it says there is no problems, if you have anymore
    ideas, they would be most greatful. thanx

    "Jimmy S." wrote:

    > Hi Col,
    >
    > "Col" <Col@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:552E6222-2946-4B5D-B656-D598DECE8F99@microsoft.com...
    > > Can anyone help? i installed SP2 and then tried playing starfleet command 3
    > > but its saying i need to install directx 8.1 or higher but i already have
    > > directx9.1c installed, if anyone knows what to do, please reply, thanx.
    >
    > Have you tried reinstalling SFC3 with hopes it will detect that DirectX9 is installed?
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hi Col,

    Let's determine if the game or DirectX is at fault:
    Click Start / Run / type: dxdiag
    Which version is listed in the Dxdiag window?

    --

    "Col" <Col@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FBD31AA-2390-4BF2-BFC9-6CF7CB2CBDDB@microsoft.com...
    > Hello Jimmy, yes i have, 2 times and it still gives me the option of
    > installing direct 8.1, if there is any other way like reinstalling directx
    > but i've tried dxdiag and it says there is no problems, if you have anymore
    > ideas, they would be most greatful. thanx
    >
    > "Jimmy S." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Col,
    >>
    >> "Col" <Col@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:552E6222-2946-4B5D-B656-D598DECE8F99@microsoft.com...
    >> > Can anyone help? i installed SP2 and then tried playing starfleet command 3
    >> > but its saying i need to install directx 8.1 or higher but i already have
    >> > directx9.1c installed, if anyone knows what to do, please reply, thanx.
    >>
    >> Have you tried reinstalling SFC3 with hopes it will detect that DirectX9 is installed?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    >> Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    >>
    >> Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    >> Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    >> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
    >> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hi Jimmy,

    I can not run War Craft III on Windows Server 2003. Using dxdiag.exe I found
    that "Direct3D functionality not available", my VGA controller is Intel(R)
    82865G.
    I have updated the lastest driver for VGA card but nothing change.

    Please tell me how to run 3D games on Windows server 2003.

    Thanks a lot.

    Quoc Oai
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hi Quoc,

    Server and other enterprise systems are not built for gaming.
    Why would you try to race around a track in a delivery van?

    You can probably still play that game however if you want to
    install a DX 9 compliant AGP video card on your server. :-)

    --

    "Quoc Oai" <Quoc Oai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0C6510B-8060-4ABB-B68B-7EE1DE98BC37@microsoft.com...
    | Hi Jimmy,
    |
    | I can not run War Craft III on Windows Server 2003. Using dxdiag.exe I found
    | that "Direct3D functionality not available", my VGA controller is Intel(R)
    | 82865G.
    | I have updated the lastest driver for VGA card but nothing change.
    |
    | Please tell me how to run 3D games on Windows server 2003.
    |
    | Thanks a lot.
    |
    | Quoc Oai

Microsoft Directx Command Prompt Video Games