Directx 9.0c

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 29, 2005 4:39:03 AM

Can anyone help? i installed SP2 and then tried playing starfleet command 3
but its saying i need to install directx 8.1 or higher but i already have
directx9.1c installed, if anyone knows what to do, please reply, thanx.

More about : directx

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 1:20:11 PM

Hi Col,

"Col" <Col@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:552E6222-2946-4B5D-B656-D598DECE8F99@microsoft.com...
> Can anyone help? i installed SP2 and then tried playing starfleet command 3
> but its saying i need to install directx 8.1 or higher but i already have
> directx9.1c installed, if anyone knows what to do, please reply, thanx.

Have you tried reinstalling SFC3 with hopes it will detect that DirectX9 is installed?

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

January 29, 2005 8:23:03 PM

Hello Jimmy, yes i have, 2 times and it still gives me the option of
installing direct 8.1, if there is any other way like reinstalling directx
but i've tried dxdiag and it says there is no problems, if you have anymore
ideas, they would be most greatful. thanx

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Col,
>
> "Col" <Col@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:552E6222-2946-4B5D-B656-D598DECE8F99@microsoft.com...
> > Can anyone help? i installed SP2 and then tried playing starfleet command 3
> > but its saying i need to install directx 8.1 or higher but i already have
> > directx9.1c installed, if anyone knows what to do, please reply, thanx.
>
> Have you tried reinstalling SFC3 with hopes it will detect that DirectX9 is installed?
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance

January 30, 2005 4:36:46 PM

Hi Col,

Let's determine if the game or DirectX is at fault:
Click Start / Run / type: dxdiag
Which version is listed in the Dxdiag window?

--

"Col" <Col@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FBD31AA-2390-4BF2-BFC9-6CF7CB2CBDDB@microsoft.com...
> Hello Jimmy, yes i have, 2 times and it still gives me the option of
> installing direct 8.1, if there is any other way like reinstalling directx
> but i've tried dxdiag and it says there is no problems, if you have anymore
> ideas, they would be most greatful. thanx
>
> "Jimmy S." wrote:
>
>> Hi Col,
>>
>> "Col" <Col@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:552E6222-2946-4B5D-B656-D598DECE8F99@microsoft.com...
>> > Can anyone help? i installed SP2 and then tried playing starfleet command 3
>> > but its saying i need to install directx 8.1 or higher but i already have
>> > directx9.1c installed, if anyone knows what to do, please reply, thanx.
>>
>> Have you tried reinstalling SFC3 with hopes it will detect that DirectX9 is installed?
>>
>> --
>> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>> Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>
>> Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
>> Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
>> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.

January 31, 2005 12:11:03 AM

Hi Jimmy,

I can not run War Craft III on Windows Server 2003. Using dxdiag.exe I found
that "Direct3D functionality not available", my VGA controller is Intel(R)
82865G.
I have updated the lastest driver for VGA card but nothing change.

Please tell me how to run 3D games on Windows server 2003.

Thanks a lot.

Quoc Oai
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 2:23:51 PM

Hi Quoc,

Server and other enterprise systems are not built for gaming.
Why would you try to race around a track in a delivery van?

You can probably still play that game however if you want to
install a DX 9 compliant AGP video card on your server. :-)

--

!