Error message

When I right click on a file using Windows Explorer, I get this error message:

"explorer.exe - Application error
"The instruction at "0x02d42e30" referenced memory at "0x02dc248c." The
memory could not be "read."
Click OK to terminate the program. Click on cancel to debug the program."

Then, when I click on OK, I then get this error message:
"Runtime error 216 at 00002E30"

When I try to escape from these error messages, I sometimes get this error
message:
"Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger has encourntered a problem and needs to
close."

Whatever kind of problem this is, it is apparently manifesting itself in at
least one other way, preventing me for copying files to my CD ROM drive.
What do these error messages mean and how can I solve this problem? I will
appreciate advice.
1 answer Last reply
More about error message

    Robert Judge wrote:

    > When I right click on a file using Windows Explorer, I get this error message:
    >
    > "explorer.exe - Application error
    > "The instruction at "0x02d42e30" referenced memory at "0x02dc248c." The
    > memory could not be "read."
    > Click OK to terminate the program. Click on cancel to debug the program."
    >
    > Then, when I click on OK, I then get this error message:
    > "Runtime error 216 at 00002E30"
    >
    > When I try to escape from these error messages, I sometimes get this error
    > message:
    > "Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger has encourntered a problem and needs to
    > close."
    >
    > Whatever kind of problem this is, it is apparently manifesting itself in at
    > least one other way, preventing me for copying files to my CD ROM drive.
    > What do these error messages mean and how can I solve this problem? I will
    > appreciate advice.

    Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers

    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Windows Explorer Error Message Windows XP