When I click on some links to video clips in Windows Media Player 10 Guide,
I get the message: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. One or more
codecs required to play the file could not be found." Shouldn't codecs
required to play the file have been downloaded with Media Player? How do I
find the extension of the video file name, so I can try and find the
appropriate codec?

thanks, Kevin

Try the experts at the Windows Media Player Group

--
Peter

"Kevin" <jkevn@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23N2kDgucFHA.3912@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> When I click on some links to video clips in Windows Media Player 10 Guide,
> I get the message: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. One or more
> codecs required to play the file could not be found." Shouldn't codecs
> required to play the file have been downloaded with Media Player? How do I
> find the extension of the video file name, so I can try and find the
> appropriate codec?
>
> thanks, Kevin

TRENDING THREADS