Phone Activation

I bought Windows XP Home Edition and used it on two computers. When I put it
on my second computer, I lost the ability to get on the internet, and couldnt
activate it that way. I then tried to call the number, but the toll free
number was something else and the toll number had been disconnected. Now I
can't get on to my desktop without activating it, and I can't uninstall it
wothout getting on my desktop. How do I get on my computer?
--
Mark
24 answers Last reply

    Considering that you have 1 version of XP on 2 computers which is against
    the End User Licensing Agreement download a 98 boot disk from Bootdisk.com
    with the other computer,expand it to a floppy and format that XP out of
    existance.
    Even if it ran you would not be able to activate it.
    good luck
    peterk

    the problem
    "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I bought Windows XP Home Edition and used it on two computers. When I put
    >it
    > on my second computer, I lost the ability to get on the internet, and
    > couldnt
    > activate it that way. I then tried to call the number, but the toll free
    > number was something else and the toll number had been disconnected. Now
    > can't get on to my desktop without activating it, and I can't uninstall it
    > wothout getting on my desktop. How do I get on my computer?
    > --
    > Mark

    Mark;
    If you installed it on 2 computers, you have violated the EULA you agreed.
    One license, one computer, the way it has always been with consumer
    Microsoft operating systems since at least Windows 95.
    If you want Windows XP on two computers, you need to buy two.
    This did not cause your current problem, but it probably will prevent you
    from activating when you do resolve the problem.
    Buy another and perform a Repair Installation:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    peterk wrote:
    > Considering that you have 1 version of XP on 2 computers which is
    > against the End User Licensing Agreement download a 98 boot disk from
    > Bootdisk.com with the other computer,expand it to a floppy and format
    > that XP out of existance.
    > Even if it ran you would not be able to activate it.

    Liar. PA does not tell MS what computer you have XP installed on, and
    as long as you don't tell MS it is installed on more than one computer,
    they have no way of knowing it.

    > good luck
    > peterk

    See ya' pee-jerk

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    You recent new use of the word "Liar" shows something's about you.
    You seem to know little if anything of what the word actually means.
    As in this case, you use it when someone says something you do not like.
    Even if incorrect information is given, that does not mean someone is lying,
    it would only mean incorrect, there is a difference, but that goes against
    your agenda.
    Lying is far more, look up the meaning before using words you do not
    understand.

    Microsoft may have no way of knowing, but most people are honest and they
    have little use for what you suggest.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]

    http://microscum.com/mmpafaq/
    http://www.microscum.com/mmpafaq/phonewpa.html

    --

    Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
    > You recent new use of the word "Liar" shows something's about you.

    Yeah, I value the truth.

    > You seem to know little if anything of what the word actually means.

    I means that when people say thing that aren't true, I call them on it.

    > As in this case, you use it when someone says something you do not
    > like.

    I said it because it seemed to be to be a deliberate attempt to mislead.

    > Even if incorrect information is given, that does not mean
    > someone is lying, it would only mean incorrect, there is a
    > difference, but that goes against your agenda.

    LOL!

    > Lying is far more, look up the meaning before using words you do not
    > understand.

    One who lies. And a lie is a deliberate false statement that was meant
    to deceive. And in my opinion, "Even if it ran you would not be able to
    activate it," a deliberate false statement that was meant to deceive the
    OP

    > Microsoft may have no way of knowing, but most people are honest and
    > they have little use for what you suggest.

    We see what you think is "honest" below! You changing the words of my
    sig! But you are insane with jealousy that you can't see how scummy
    such an action is!

    Since your ego needs it, I'll give you the opportunity to have the last
    word! I'm sure it will be as filled with as much feigned indignity as
    this post.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
    > Mark;
    > If you installed it on 2 computers, you have violated the EULA you
    > agreed. One license, one computer, the way it has always been with
    > consumer Microsoft operating systems since at least Windows 95.

    Actually since Windows 3.1. It's been 13 year as of April. And in all
    that time of claiming that this commerial use term also applies to
    individual that have "fair use" rights that the copyright owner has not
    right to limit, MS has never sued, let alone won one case enforcing this
    term on an individual in a real court of law.

    And that MS hasn't even attempted to legally enforce their EULA claim in
    all that time despite them knowing that people have ignored their claim,
    their lack of due diligence can be used against them if they EVER try to
    sue somebody in the future. And they are many reasons why MS's EULA
    claim against individuals is most probably unenforceable in a REAL court
    of law, and that is the main reason MS has NEVER, and never sue an
    individual over it, because they are likely to lose, especially if such
    a case made it up to the Supreme Court.

    > If you want Windows XP on two computers, you need to buy two.

    NEED?! Please! Who the hell are you to tell another human being what
    they NEED to do?! You NEED to mind you own business. You aren't
    providing technical assistence, you are preaching your immoral business
    rights over human right morality!

    > This did not cause your current problem, but it probably will prevent
    > you from activating when you do resolve the problem.

    Not if it has been over 120 days since the previous installation. Not
    if you phone activate.

    The ONLY thing that will prevent activating would be if the OP directly
    told a PA phone Rep that XP was installed on two computer
    simultaneously. And after this thread, that is not very probable!

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    Have you tried in safe mode?

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    regards,
    ssg
    Mark wrote:
    > I bought Windows XP Home Edition and used it on two computers. When I put it
    > on my second computer, I lost the ability to get on the internet, and couldnt
    > activate it that way. I then tried to call the number, but the toll free
    > number was something else and the toll number had been disconnected. Now I
    > can't get on to my desktop without activating it, and I can't uninstall it
    > wothout getting on my desktop. How do I get on my computer?

    Wow, ypu have a warped view of yourself and of ethics.

    > NEED?! Please! Who the hell are you to tell another human being what
    > they NEED to do?! You NEED to mind you own business. You aren't
    > providing technical assistence, you are preaching your immoral business
    > rights over human right morality!

    The user in question here is in violation of the EULA. This is a MICROSOFT
    hosted board. Do you honestly think anyone should be giving advice that is in
    direct oposition to Microsofts best interests? Do you even think its a good
    idea given who may be moderating the board?

    I am not saying that MS is a great force of good in the world, but they do
    specifically provide resources and they actively place technology into their
    products to stop software piracy.

    I am not saying they are an evil giant either; MS has made incredible steps
    foward in the computer technology field. There is a reason that everyone uses
    MS windows. The spend huge amounts in research and development. They make a
    good product. Rail against them all you want, but its true.
    (I've been a computer pro since the days of DOS 5 and I have seen competing
    products come and go)

    If you want to use a single copy of an OS on multiple PCs then go use Linux.
    Lets see how much you love using it.

    Oh yeah...
    > Not if it has been over 120 days since the previous installation. Not
    > if you phone activate.
    >
    > The ONLY thing that will prevent activating would be if the OP directly
    > told a PA phone Rep that XP was installed on two computer
    > simultaneously. And after this thread, that is not very probable!

    So you are actively proposing to use social engineering to defraud a major
    corporation?

    Smart.

    Manny Borges wrote:
    > Wow, ypu have a warped view of yourself and of ethics.

    Why, thank you. Coming from someone that I have never heard of before,
    your opinion really means OH so much to me! ;-)

    >> NEED?! Please! Who the hell are you to tell another human being
    >> what they NEED to do?! You NEED to mind you own business. You
    >> aren't providing technical assistence, you are preaching your
    >> immoral business rights over human right morality!
    >
    > The user in question here is in violation of the EULA.

    And you know this, because MS has proven it in a court of law?

    SCO has sued IBM for breeching the terms of the UNIX license, among
    other things. IS IBM IN VIOLATION OF THE UNIX LICENSE JUST BECAUSE SCO
    CLAIMS IT?

    If not, then neither is the OP in violation of MS's post-sale shrinkwrap
    license, just because YOU claim that the OP is!

    > This is a
    > MICROSOFT hosted board.

    Actually it is a microsoft PUBLIC newsgroup that happens to have a very
    stupid web interface for those too stupid to able to setup a newsreader
    to read a newsgroup. But what it is doesn't really matter, since this
    isn't China and I'm allowed to post my pro-democracy doctrines!

    > Do you honestly think anyone should be giving
    > advice that is in direct oposition to Microsofts best interests?

    MS's best interest isn't my concern. I'll leave that to their
    shareholders to worry about. I'm more concerned about the best
    interests of the individual consumer that is being trampled by a proven
    predatory monopoly, and proven IP infringer.

    > Do
    > you even think its a good idea given who may be moderating the board?

    Do you live in some country that is run by some repressive regime that
    sends those that exercise their right to free speech to dissent to
    gulags?

    > I am not saying that MS is a great force of good in the world, but
    > they do specifically provide resources and they actively place
    > technology into their products to stop software piracy.

    Show me one court precedent that shows definitively that an individual
    that installs the same copy of software on more than one computer is not
    a legitimate "fair use" and is in legal fact software piracy. Just
    because you and Microsoft and the rest of the colluding members of the
    BSA trust CLAIMS it is a software piracy doesn't make it so! So unless
    you can legally prove it is piracy, where I live, the burden of proof
    lies on the accuser, not the accused, and your legally unsubstantiated
    opinion is totally meaningless drivel!

    > I am not saying they are an evil giant either; MS has made incredible
    > steps foward in the computer technology field.

    Big Deal.

    > There is a reason that
    > everyone uses MS windows.

    It is the only OS that major OEMs have sold on desktop PCs for over a
    decade. People have learned to use their computers using MS software
    and other software that will only run on a MS OS, and there is no viable
    competition YET, for the majority of PC owners, to run another OS.

    > The spend huge amounts in research and
    > development.

    And the margin on windows is nearly as high as the markup on illegal
    drugs!

    > They make a good product.

    Doesn't give them the right to try to limit an individuals right to
    "fair use."

    > Rail against them all you
    > want, but its true. (I've been a computer pro since the days of DOS 5
    > and I have seen competing products come and go)

    Still has nothing to do with me.

    > If you want to use a single copy of an OS on multiple PCs then go use
    > Linux.

    My other computer runs on Linux.

    > Lets see how much you love using it.

    It has good and bad points, just like Windows.

    > Oh yeah...

    Yeah!

    >> Not if it has been over 120 days since the previous installation.
    >> Not if you phone activate.
    >>
    >> The ONLY thing that will prevent activating would be if the OP
    >> directly told a PA phone Rep that XP was installed on two computer
    >> simultaneously. And after this thread, that is not very probable!
    >
    > So you are actively proposing to use social engineering to defraud a
    > major corporation?

    No. I am advocating that people decide for themselves who has the right
    to tell them what they can and cannot do in the privacy of their own
    home, with the techology that was legally sold to them, for their
    private non-commercial use.

    > Smart.

    Thank you, but I just consider myself to be well-informed.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    Most of what you say is drivel, but I will correct one statement I made
    "If you want Windows XP on two computers, you need to buy two."
    Should have been:
    "If you need Windows XP on two computers, you need to buy two."
    Or possible:
    "If you want Windows XP on two computers, you want to buy two."
    I was not telling them anything about what the OP needed and you know that.
    But you like to put a twist to suit your agenda,

    As for what you said:
    "And after this thread, that is not very probable!"
    Good of you to assume dishonesty is everywhere.
    Not everyone discounts agreements they make just because you tell them they
    should.
    Some people actually value agreements they make!

    What you suggest sounds good...on the surface.
    But one needs to ignore agreements and the choice that has been made.
    If something for nothing is desired, there are numerous choices and stealing
    beyond what has been agreed is dishonest.
    We are already familiar with your choice, do not presume all will make the
    same choice and go back on their word.

    Now you are free to take what you need...

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    http://www.dts-l.org

    SNIPPED much of your garbage...

    Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
    > Most of what you say is drivel, but I will correct one statement I
    > made "If you want Windows XP on two computers, you need to buy two."
    > Should have been:
    > "If you need Windows XP on two computers, you need to buy two."
    > Or possible:
    > "If you want Windows XP on two computers, you want to buy two."
    > I was not telling them anything about what the OP needed and you know
    > that. But you like to put a twist to suit your agenda,
    >
    > As for what you said:
    > "And after this thread, that is not very probable!"
    > Good of you to assume dishonesty is everywhere.

    It is not dishonesty to not provide information that is not required.

    "The only information required to activate is an installation ID (and,
    for Office XP and Office XP family products such as Visio 2002, the name
    of the country in which the product is being installed)." -
    http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/activation_faq.mspx

    See, by MS's own words the OP is not required to give any info other
    than the installation ID. The only thing in this situation that would
    be dishonest is if MS's phone reps ask for any info other than the
    installation ID. Are you intimating that it might be MS that is
    dishonest? ROFL!

    > Not everyone discounts agreements they make just because you tell
    > them they should.

    If MS's phone reps ask for any info other than the installation ID, and
    I know they do, because I been asked for more info, then it is MS that
    has broken their word!

    > Some people actually value agreements they make!

    And if you TV manufacturer hid in their post-sale shrinkwrap license
    that the TV is licensed not sold, you would honor that agreement?

    > What you suggest sounds good...on the surface.

    No, it more than sound good. It is the way "fair use" works, until MS
    proves otherwise in a court of law, or they lobby Congress to
    specifically exempt computer programs from "fair use." Until then, ANY
    individual has the right to "fair use" of their copy of software, and
    MS, nor any computer program copyright owner has the right to limit an
    individual's private, non-commercial use of their copy of software!

    MS has no legal expectation to be able to know what you do or don't do
    with you copy of software in your home, and there is NO LEGAL PRECEDENT
    TO SUGGEST OTHERWISE!

    Their is no Patriot Act for private non-commercial software use! MS's
    EULA usage terms are only valid public and/or commercial use terms!
    Nothing else has ever been legally established! NOTHING!

    > But one needs to ignore agreements and the choice that has been made.

    Dude, it is MS that is ignoring that they have no legal right to limit
    the private non-commerial use of their customers.

    > If something for nothing is desired, there are numerous choices and
    > stealing beyond what has been agreed is dishonest.

    The OP has paid for his copy of software. It was sold to him by the
    previous owner of that copy, and more than likely is was some entity
    other than Microsoft. What the OP does with his copy of software in the
    privacy of his home, is not my business, not your business, not the
    previous owner of that copy of software business, and not Microsoft's
    business. There is NO LAW, and NO LEGAL PRECEDENT that gves MS any
    right to know what we do with our legally purchased copies of software!
    If the have no right to know, then they have no right to limit what they
    have no right to know!

    > We are already familiar with your choice, do not presume all will
    > make the same choice and go back on their word.

    Actually Juppy, I was making reference to the OP mentioning here that it
    was installed on 2 computers. I would hope that if the OP is not a
    troll and after reading this thread, he would not be stupid enough to
    tell the MS PA phone rep that his copy of XP is installed on more than
    one computer. MS does not, and really cannot require any information on
    how XP is being used in private. And they is NO legal reason to share
    that info with MS either.

    Only you MS uber alles types believe and spread the BS unsubstantiated
    propaganda that MS has the right to such information!

    > Now you are free to take what you need...

    You can’t always get what you want
    You can’t always get what you want
    You can’t always get what you want
    But if you try sometimes
    You just might find
    You get what you need

    --

    Mark wrote:
    > I bought Windows XP Home Edition and used it on two computers. When I put it
    > on my second computer, I lost the ability to get on the internet, and couldnt
    > activate it that way. I then tried to call the number, but the toll free
    > number was something else and the toll number had been disconnected. Now I
    > can't get on to my desktop without activating it, and I can't uninstall it
    > wothout getting on my desktop. How do I get on my computer?

    Purchase and install a legitimate license. You need to own a separate
    WinXP license for each computer on which you install it.

    Just as it has *always* been with *all* Microsoft operating
    systems, it's necessary (to be in compliance with both the EULA and U.S.
    copyright law http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/117.html), if not
    technically) to purchase one WinXP license for each computer on which it
    is installed. (Consult an attorney versed in copyright law to determine
    final applicability in your locale.) The only way in which WinXP
    licensing differs from that of earlier versions of Windows is that
    Microsoft has finally added a copy protection and anti-theft mechanism,
    Product Activation, to prevent (or at least make more difficult)
    multiple installations using a single license.

    One can buy additional licenses, assuming one already has a retail
    license. Naturally, Microsoft cannot sell additional OEM licenses. Be
    aware, however, that you'll probably pay more this way than you would if
    you were to buy a second copy of WinXP from a discount retailer;
    Microsoft will only offer you a 15% discount off their MSRP.

    Additional Licenses for Windows XP Home Edition
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/addlic.asp

    Additional Licenses for Windows XP Professional
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/addlic.asp

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    kurttrail wrote:

    > Yeah, I value the truth.

    So much so that you almost never use it? Isn't that a bit extreme?

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    kurttrail wrote:
    > peterk wrote:
    >

    > Liar. PA does not tell MS what computer you have XP installed on, and
    > as long as you don't tell MS it is installed on more than one computer,
    > they have no way of knowing it.

    None of which "peterk" claimed, so who's the liar, eh?

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    ....and planet are you from, Stupider?

    -Winux P

    > You recent new use of the word "Liar" shows something's about you.
    > You seem to know little if anything of what the word actually means.
    > As in this case, you use it when someone says something you do not like.
    > Even if incorrect information is given, that does not mean someone is
    > lying, it would only mean incorrect, there is a difference, but that goes
    > against your agenda.
    > Lying is far more, look up the meaning before using words you do not
    > understand.
    >
    > Microsoft may have no way of knowing, but most people are honest and they
    > have little use for what you suggest.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > http://www.dts-l.org
    >

    > "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Liar. PA does not tell MS what computer you have XP installed on, and as
    >> long as you don't tell MS it is installed on more than one computer, they
    >> have no way of knowing it.
    >>
    >>> good luck
    >>> peterk
    >>

    >> See ya' pee-jerk
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peace!
    >> Kurt
    >> Self-anointed Moderator
    >> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    >> http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    >> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
    >> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    ....and what planet are you from, Stupider?

    Bruce Chambers wrote:
    > kurttrail wrote:
    >
    >> Yeah, I value the truth.
    >
    > So much so that you almost never use it?

    LOL! Can you find one instance were I lied. Please feel free to quote
    me.

    > Isn't that a bit extreme?

    No.

    But you don't value the truth as much as I do, and have demonstrated it
    over and over again. You keep repeating a law that is a limitation on
    the exlusive rights of computer program copyright owners, is really a
    law that limits a owner of a copy of a computer program to install that
    program on more than one computer.

    You have no shame. You have the moral authority of the likes of MS, a
    proven predatory monopoly and a proven IP infringer! My comes from an
    individuals right to privacy, and "fair use." And the FACT that not one
    individual has ever be sued let alone found to have ever done anything
    illegal for installing the copy of software that was legally SOLD to
    them, on more than one computer, for their own private non-commercial
    use.

    So before you go trying to throw stones at me, Brucey, I'd really take a
    look around at the fagile glass house you are living in, if I were you.
    And thank God, Fate, Nature, or whatever, that I'm not you!

    --

    Bruce Chambers wrote:
    > kurttrail wrote:
    >> peterk wrote:

    What did peejerk write Brucey? You seemed to have cut it out

    >> Liar. PA does not tell MS what computer you have XP installed on,
    >> and as long as you don't tell MS it is installed on more than one
    >> computer, they have no way of knowing it.
    >>

    > None of which "peterk" claimed, so who's the liar, eh?

    He claimed that "Even if it ran you would not be able to activate it."
    And I explained why if the OP could run it, it would be able to be
    activated.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    This is what I wrote
    Considering that you have 1 version of XP on 2 computers which is against
    the End User Licensing Agreement download a 98 boot disk from Bootdisk.com
    with the other computer,expand it to a floppy and format that XP out of
    existance.
    Even if it ran you would not be able to activate it.
    good luck
    peterk

    It really seems that some people are here only to start arguments and
    prolong them.
    Answering that person seems to bring out the worst in him and he degenerates
    into pathetic name calling and a patronising attitude.I saw that in the
    thread labeled "rude Replies" and I see it here.But like the man said it is
    a free country and he can say whatever he likes......no matter how assinine
    it is.
    I for one will not be replying anymore to him in the future or past this
    point.....so go and type away knowing that if enough people do this you will
    be talking to yourself......no replies
    peterk

    the problem
    > Bruce Chambers wrote:
    >> kurttrail wrote:
    >>> peterk wrote:
    >
    > What did peejerk write Brucey? You seemed to have cut it out
    >

    >>> Liar. PA does not tell MS what computer you have XP installed on,
    >>> and as long as you don't tell MS it is installed on more than one
    >>> computer, they have no way of knowing it.
    >>>

    >> None of which "peterk" claimed, so who's the liar, eh?
    >
    > He claimed that "Even if it ran you would not be able to activate it." And
    > I explained why if the OP could run it, it would be able to be activated.
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    > http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:45:46 -0600, "Jupiter Jones [MVP]"
    <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote:

    >Even if incorrect information is given, that does not mean someone is lying,

    Yea, like they call it "Deviations from the Truth" and "Exaggerations"
    and "Embellishments" when politicians lie. Old school still calls it
    lying and no matter what Feel-Good, Fuzzy name you might wish to call
    it, its still lying.

    You forgot the code if you ever really embraced it. All indications
    show, that you didn't.

    Regards,

    30 under the code and beyond
  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Bruce Chambers wrote:
    > Mark wrote:
    >> I bought Windows XP Home Edition and used it on two computers. When
    >> I put it on my second computer, I lost the ability to get on the
    >> internet, and couldnt activate it that way. I then tried to call
    >> the number, but the toll free number was something else and the toll
    >> number had been disconnected. Now I can't get on to my desktop
    >> without activating it, and I can't uninstall it wothout getting on
    >> my desktop. How do I get on my computer?
    >
    > Purchase and install a legitimate license. You need to own a separate
    > WinXP license for each computer on which you install it.
    >
    > Just as it has *always* been with *all* Microsoft operating
    > systems, it's necessary (to be in compliance with both the EULA and
    > U.S. copyright law http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/117.html),
    > if not technically) to purchase one WinXP license for each computer
    > on which it is installed. (Consult an attorney versed in copyright
    > law to determine final applicability in your locale.) <snip>

    Yes, please consult a lawyer, if you cannot see for yourself that Bruce
    is also a big fat liar. He uses a law that is a limitation on the
    exclusive rights of the copyright owner, like Microsoft, and falsely
    presents it as a limitation on you an owner of a copy of software.

    http://tinyurl.com/hhjj - 314 times with your previous incarnation, "to
    be in compliance with both the EULA and copyright laws."
    http://snipurl.com/d81h - 143 times with your latest incarnation, "to be
    in compliance with both the EULA and U.S. copyright."

    The title of the Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 117 is "Limitations on
    exclusive rights: Computer programs"

    And under copyright law that only group that has "exclusive rights" are
    COPYRIGHT OWNERS, like Microsoft.

    But Brucey doesn't care about purposefully repeating his false
    statements. He is a propagandist in the same mold as Goebels. Repeat
    something often enough, and people will begin to believe, no matter how
    much of a lie it really is.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    peterk wrote:
    > This is what I wrote
    > Considering that you have 1 version of XP on 2 computers which is
    > against the End User Licensing Agreement download a 98 boot disk from
    > Bootdisk.com with the other computer,expand it to a floppy and format
    > that XP out of existance.
    > Even if it ran you would not be able to activate it.
    > good luck
    > peterk

    I believe I copied you post verbatim in my reply to you. And you
    statement that "Even if it ran you would not be able to activate it" is
    a false statement. You only defense that you were not lying is that you
    were not aware that it was a false statement at the time.

    That you neither argue in favor of your statement nor that you were
    unaware that it was false is telling.

    I called you on your false statement strongly, and also explained why it
    was a false statement. And you choose to neither disagree with either,
    nor back up your statements.

    > It really seems that some people are here only to start arguments and
    > prolong them.

    No, I just finish them.

    > Answering that person seems to bring out the worst in him and he
    > degenerates into pathetic name calling and a patronising attitude.

    LOL! You haven't answered, you are now just complaining about my style.
    I'm a rude American, and damned proud of it. From you spelling I see
    you are from the fading Brit Empire, or as you are known now, Bush's lap
    dogs!

    > saw that in the thread labeled "rude Replies" and I see it here.

    LOL! I make no apologies for my style. Personally, I find little wimpy
    pansies like you to be rather fun to play with. You loose all ability
    to argue you own point of view when confronted by someone that is
    willing to speak his mind.

    You are now more hung up on my style, than the substance of my argument.
    And you lost the argument without even attempting to back up your words!

    > But
    > like the man said it is a free country and he can say whatever he
    > likes......no matter how assinine it is.

    Ah, that hurt! ROFL! Of course you are explaining why my explanation
    of why "Even if it ran you would not be able to activate it" was a false
    statement. You have totally changed the subject from that. A full
    retreat from your own statement!

    > I for one will not be replying anymore to him in the future or past
    > this point.....

    Yeah, but you are only fooling yourself. You are running away, like in
    the Holy Grail!

    > so go and type away knowing that if enough people do
    > this you will be talking to yourself......

    I have tried to tell people that myself, but they just don't listen.
    But I really can't blame them, as I do have a way of getting under
    people's skin!

    > no replies

    Cool! Just no it will be totally one-sided, and I will make you look
    pretty foolish if you keep repeating false statements like, "Even if it
    ran you would not be able to activate it."

    > peterk

    See ya', peejerk. I wouldn't wanna be a running-away, wimpy pansy like
    you!

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In news:CA4A0CD2-9188-41BC-B039-CB0CC780993A@microsoft.com,
    Mark <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> replied with a ;-)
    > I bought Windows XP Home Edition and used it on two computers. When
    > I put it on my second computer, I lost the ability to get on the
    > internet, and couldnt activate it that way. I then tried to call the
    > number, but the toll free number was something else and the toll
    > number had been disconnected. Now I can't get on to my desktop
    > without activating it, and I can't uninstall it wothout getting on my
    > desktop. How do I get on my computer?

    You will need to activate it by phone. Boot into safe mode and follow the
    prompts to obtain the activation phone number. You will then need to follow
    the automated prompts or explain your situation to a live activation agent
    and if approved you will get a new activation string. All versions of
    Windows XP are limited to one computer per product key.

    --
    Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
    xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

Windows XP