Hi all,

I've just install a program in my college call sharescan. It can run and
everything works fine until i upgrade to SP2 then the popup for the program
just freeze. The program can still run but when i try to go to 'options' for
that program, it just freeze the 'option' popup and i couldn't click on
anything else other than force the program to close. The weirdest thing is
that i could move the popup around but i just can't click on the button on
the popup as well as selecting stuff from it. i'm just wondering what updates
does SP2 add or removed from SP1 to prevent this from working. And if there
are any patches or updates that i could install to make it work again.. Any
help would be appreciated.. Thanks in advance..

Malke

kelcherwong wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just install a program in my college call sharescan. It can run and
> everything works fine until i upgrade to SP2 then the popup for the program
> just freeze. The program can still run but when i try to go to 'options' for
> that program, it just freeze the 'option' popup and i couldn't click on
> anything else other than force the program to close. The weirdest thing is
> that i could move the popup around but i just can't click on the button on
> the popup as well as selecting stuff from it. i'm just wondering what updates
> does SP2 add or removed from SP1 to prevent this from working. And if there
> are any patches or updates that i could install to make it work again.. Any
> help would be appreciated.. Thanks in advance..

I'll give you some links about SP2, but the first place you should go to
get answers is to Sharescan's tech support. The second place should be
to your college's IT Dept.

Troubleshooting SP2 for Windows XP
http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm and
http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#General

http://aumha.net - See SP2 forums
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#sp2 - Windows SP2 Information,
Guidelines and Troubleshooting

SP2 Support Center -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?&pr=windowsxpsp2
Welcome to the Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) Chat (no-charge
online support) - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=Wxpsp2chat
Tech support page for SP2 -
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&c1=509&gprid=6794&

Malke