Sign in with
Your question

Magic jack problems

Last response: in General Connectivity
January 9, 2010 8:52:53 AM

Does anyone have the telephone number and address of Magic Jack?
Have Audio cut-out problems with my Magic Jack. After chatting with their online technicans for 3 days and 8 total hours of 17 different fixes it still has missing audio ( I only hear about half of every conversation). I've tried a new computer, a new magic jack, a faster internet provider. Ive reinstalled their update twice, turned off all my anti-viruses and software firewall and modem firewall, set DNS, set processor to give magic jack more of it's time, removed the usb extention, tried all 6 USB ports, you name it, we've tried it. I am tired of rehashing my problem with their online idiots and really need to talk to them directly. The online techs say there is no way to get in touch with them. What kind of nationally advertised company has no phone number or address? Wow! after being a computer nerd for 20 years this is the biggest headache short of a crashed hard drive I've ever had.

More about : magic jack problems

January 10, 2010 9:35:45 AM

I am sorry i dont have ther contact detail but i know a better adapter that is doing the same without problem - Rylwy , and you dont have to pay mounyhly , just the adapter and it will transfer your own lines via skype free anywhere with internet connection
daniel
m
l
January 17, 2010 6:19:20 AM

Thanks for the Skype advise. I returned the Magic Jack to Radio Shack. I ordered a second phone line from AT&T on our existing UVerse system for only $15 monthly. It is not the cheap $19.95 a year I would have got from Magic Jack, but there was an additional problem that would have made Magic Jack useless to me even if it did work, and that would be it's inability to handle a fax machine. Magic Jack says that half the time it does not work for fax. UVerse telephone service is Voip but it works just like a land line.
m
l
Related resources
March 6, 2010 5:35:50 AM

sfmarcopolo said:
Thanks for the Skype advise. I returned the Magic Jack to Radio Shack. I ordered a second phone line from AT&T on our existing UVerse system for only $15 monthly. It is not the cheap $19.95 a year I would have got from Magic Jack, but there was an additional problem that would have made Magic Jack useless to me even if it did work, and that would be it's inability to handle a fax machine. Magic Jack says that half the time it does not work for fax. UVerse telephone service is Voip but it works just like a land line.

Uverse has a known issue not accepting calls from a calling card calls. Also you can not use a calling card for making long distance or overseas calls. So uVerse does not work exactly like a landline. I should know because I've used Uverse before and it doesn't work with my calling card with Onesuite. Tried other calling cards too and its the same thing.
m
l
July 26, 2012 10:14:44 PM

I had U-Verse with U-Voice and decided to try Magic Jack Plus. Call quality was excellent, so I decided to save the $30 a month and drop U-Voice. Call quality dropped so bad that most people I called wanted to just hang up and quit talking to me.

After months of suffering the shame and humilitation from friends and family, Charter offered a sweet deal on internet, so I took it. Call Quality is excellent once again, so I called ATT and cancelled their service completely. I let them know why as well.

Now I have a connection that is at least twice as fast and I'm paying $15 a month less for it guaranteed for 12 months. Magic Jack Plus works great and saves me $430 a year.
m
l
!