Tags:
  • Flat Panel Monitors
  • DVI
  • Monitors
  • CRT Monitors
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 14, 2006 4:20:26 PM

I am looking in to buying a new monitor as my old crt monitor gave in the other day.
Trying to figure out what features and specifications to buy.
I am looking at model of 17" to 19".
My question is:
Is it better to buy a 17" model with DVI or a 19" without DVI?
The 17" model with DVI is about £20 (approx $40 US) more than the 19"
My video card is analog, but I am thinking of the future when DVI is standard and wondering what the value of buying a model with DVI now so that it be of more value for longer.
Does the DVI signal give a much better signal? (I have not looked in to this much yet. Does DVI make that much a difference? Any links to sites that explain DVI would be appreciated.)
Thanks for any help

More about : dvi analog

January 18, 2006 5:14:20 PM

DVI Has No "Video-Noise" and In Some Cases Helps Compensate Responce Times
Related resources
January 18, 2006 5:43:26 PM

LCD's are digital displays and when you go from a computer creating digital the video card changing that to analog and then changing that to digital again it lowers the refrash rate and the quaility
rather then going from digital to digital , I have a 19" and a 21" LCD that i have at home , one runs on analog and one runs strait digital and there is a differance when i have both plugged into the same system the BIOS and windows screen and everything shows up faster on the DVI cable.
I highly recomend it
January 19, 2006 7:51:53 AM

Ok. Thanks for the replies.
In the end I decided to go with the DVI monitor, because as you say the conversion from analog to digital must cause some delay.
In the end I went for:
BenQ 4ms TFT' FP91GX 19" 4ms 550:1(1280x1024)
January 19, 2006 9:28:58 AM

Nice choice 8)
!