XP Home, OEM Admin password set at store, no one knows it...

June 17, 2005 3:14:34 AM

HP
I think I have seen this, but I scrolled and scrolled without seeing
anything.
The KB says reinstalling is the only way, any ideas?
TIA

--
For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!
Anonymous

Download the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor from

This is a boot disk that runs a version of linux and lets you blank or
reset any password.

Don't be frightened by the word Linux - the tool steps you through the
process and there are good instructions on the web page.

I have used it several times here when PhD students and research staff
have forgotten their passwords on varios pieces of equipment.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 3:46:40 AM

Something here should help:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

"NotMe" <Dewmealso@aol.com> wrote in message
> HP
> I think I have seen this, but I scrolled and scrolled without seeing
> anything.
> The KB says reinstalling is the only way, any ideas?
> TIA
>
> --
> For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!
June 17, 2005 4:17:43 AM

TY both for the help.
The utility works. :)
--
> Something here should help:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "NotMe" <Dewmealso@aol.com> wrote in message
>> HP
>> I think I have seen this, but I scrolled and scrolled without seeing
>> anything.
>> The KB says reinstalling is the only way, any ideas?
>> TIA
>>
>> --
>> For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!

March 26, 2008 2:59:44 PM

I have a question...why would I get the Sager laptop from xoticpc.com, instead of going just getting it from sagernotebooks.com?
!