XP Home, OEM Admin password set at store, no one knows it...

HP
I think I have seen this, but I scrolled and scrolled without seeing
anything.
The KB says reinstalling is the only way, any ideas?
TIA

--
For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!
4 answers Last reply

    Download the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor from

    This is a boot disk that runs a version of linux and lets you blank or
    reset any password.

    Don't be frightened by the word Linux - the tool steps you through the
    process and there are good instructions on the web page.

    I have used it several times here when PhD students and research staff
    have forgotten their passwords on varios pieces of equipment.

    Something here should help:

    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    http://www.dts-l.org

    "NotMe" <Dewmealso@aol.com> wrote in message
    > HP
    > I think I have seen this, but I scrolled and scrolled without seeing
    > anything.
    > The KB says reinstalling is the only way, any ideas?
    > TIA
    >
    > --
    > For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!

    TY both for the help.
    The utility works. :)
    --
    > Something here should help:
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/lostpass.htm
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > http://www.dts-l.org
    >

    > "NotMe" <Dewmealso@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> HP
    >> I think I have seen this, but I scrolled and scrolled without seeing
    >> anything.
    >> The KB says reinstalling is the only way, any ideas?
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> --
    >> For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!

  4. I have a question...why would I get the Sager laptop from xoticpc.com, instead of going just getting it from sagernotebooks.com?

Microsoft OEM Windows XP