Login problems ( stand alone PC )

Dirk

Hi,

The problem we encounter is the following : XP Home starts with icon login
screen. When we select an icon, Windows told us uer is being logged out so we
cant't login.

Wa can't start in safe mode also.

How could we start the system to see what happens ?

Thanks in advance

Dirk

--
Dirk

Boot with your XP Home CD and do a "repair installation".

Do NOT use the "Repair your installation using the Recovery Console"
that first shows up but hit Enter so that the Windows setup start.
Eventually you will get to a screen which lists your current
installation, you can then select it and press R to start the repair
process.

If this doesn't fix the problem you are probably facing a reformat and
install, hope you backed up your data.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Dirk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The problem we encounter is the following : XP Home starts with icon login
> screen. When we select an icon, Windows told us uer is being logged out so we
> cant't login.
>
> Wa can't start in safe mode also.
>
> How could we start the system to see what happens ?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dirk

Has spyware been recently removed from the system? If so see if this
link helps: Unable to Log On To Windows XP After Removing wsaupdater.exe
http://www.lavasofthelp.com/articles/v6/04/06/0901.html

If that doesn’t help see this:
A User Logon Request Is Rejected Without Any Messages
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=313322

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User