colour and display

any help please to help me see some sites and pictures they always seem so
dark.My friend has started a web page in purple i need to highlight it so
that i can read it any ideas on how to fix this please

Malke

colour problems wrote:
> any help please to help me see some sites and pictures they always seem so
> dark.My friend has started a web page in purple i need to highlight it so
> that i can read it any ideas on how to fix this please

Unfortunately, you haven't given us any information about your computer,
details of the problem, or what you've done to troubleshoot. Without
knowing more, here are some general suggestions:

1. Update your video card drivers. Get the drivers from the device
mftr.'s website OR the OEM's site for your specific machine if you have
an OEM computer (Dell, Sony, HP, etc.).

2. Use the buttons on your monitor to increase the brighteness - or if
you have a laptop, use whatever special key combo you need to adjust
screen brighteness.

3. See if the problem persists with your computer connected to a
different monitor. If it doesn't, your original monitor may be old and
dying.

That will give you somewhere to start. Then, if you need more help then
post back *after* you've been to at least one of these links about
making a good newsgroup post:

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

With the monitor manual open and in front of you, adjust monitor brightness
using the controls on the front panel.. then tell your friend that use of
some background colours on websites makes for an extremely difficulty read..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

it all to themselves." - Lane Kirkland